Fact-finding mission to Malta - renting for 6 months in Gozo

In November, my husband Kase and I plan to travel to Malta...more specifically Gozo
  Will want to rent an apartment for 6  months.
Is it better to rent before we get there to ensure a place or find something temporary and look after we arrive?  Will the current prices change in the winter season?

Does anyone have any suggestions about trustworthy agents or rental sites?

definitely do not rent a place without physically seeing it and certainly dont pay anything upfront

the prices usually do change for winter

do not trust what you see on the agents web sites - almost all that you see will not be available, the photos often do lie..... nor will any agent entertain  you if you are not physically in Malta.

yes there are some good agents but i personally couldnt and wouldnt recommend any of them.

I used Denis Dimech at RE/MAX Gozo and Carmen Vella at Arkadia Real Estate, both were good and have been recommended by many other people before.

http://www.remax-malta.com/PropertyCentreGozo

http://www.arkadiarealestate.com/

Apartments in November, you'll have a massive selection to choose from. Have a look through their websites and it will give you a rough idea of what you might get for your money, but as Toon say, the vast majority will not be available, estate agents hardly ever keep their websites up to date.

If you make an appointment with either of them, they will probably be able to show you at least half a dozen different places in an afternoon. Just let them know what area you would prefer and what your budget is. For initial accommodation you could probably find a holiday apartment to stay in for a few weeks, at that time of year they will be very cheap.

be very very strict on your requirements as they will show you literally anything

It is definitely advisable to rent before buying if that is your plan. There are so many really lovely villages on the Island, you need to experience each one and decide what most suits your wants and needs.It sounds like you will have plenty of time (six months) to visit and view properties.

i would suggest you come over for a week but pre book some viewings with a variety of agents. best time would be after the summer period as more places will be available and your holiday will be cheaper also. Good luck

Glad to see another Sapper on the island.

Hi Benny, We (me and wife ) Living in Ghajnsielem. UBIQUE.