New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post your job offer in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi! My name is Naomi from Vietnam. I am now working in front office of a 5 star resort in Vietnam. I visited Bangkok once and fell in love with it. I would love to have a 6 month internship in a 5star hotel or resort in Thailand. I am now also working hard for. I would appreciate that you could give me some recommendation for that.
Thank youuuuuu

Hi
i am liiving in Los Angeles for over 10 years and not able to find one good friend
i hope you will have luck out there.
I am  thinking to relocate to Thiland since the coast of living in America becoming very unreasanable and the quality of life is not really interesting.
I wish you could assist me with some knowledge how to adjust life in this country, i don't know about jobs market out there.
But mainly i am very into a spiritual and happy life , which America has none of this
thank you and looking forward to hear from you
even i am not there now but we can be friends and maybe i will meet you in person
Life is full of miricales
Love, Irene

Irene

WARNING!
Thailand is a man's world! Buyer beware.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section

Bro..I also looking for job chance in thailand..already worked in a indian MNC for two year as a technical assistance cum document record controller.please let m know if any kind of chance for me.

Thanks

Hi there,
I am Nitin, currently a business student living in Bangkok (seeking internship in any business related field)

Thanks

Hi Lan, thank you for this offer.
i would be very interested, however , i am not presently in Thailand.
I live in Los Angeles and have idea to relocated to Thailand.
what do you think, can it work?

Hi Vilicoy
I want to know whether you will be in Thailand or not since we are looking for native English speakers living in Thailand at the moment. If yes, please send me your contact through this email: [email protected]

Thank you again and wish you a good day.

I am not presently out there.
i would like to be there but at this moment i am in America.

Hi, if you have a moment, please share your impression about this country.
i live in America now, but thinking to relocate out there.
Thanks ahead

when you come in Thailand, please contact with me.
Thank you

Hi
I am Romany. My daughter wi be studying at Le Cordon Bleu Dusit in July. I will be moving with her for the 6 months.
We have still not found accommodation and looking for a 2 bed room Condo not very far from the Dusit.
I would really like to do some thing interesting during my time in BKK.
Any suggestions for a Mum of a 17 year old?

Hi , thank you for warning me, however i would like for you to explain what is the meaming man's world, they will not be fair with prices whwn i buy apartment or some other aspect involved.
I am  not sure what it really means.
Thank you

Nothing to do with apartment prices! Gender has nothing to do with that.
I was referring to the status issue on the social scene particularly within the Thai community.
Secondly, male expats tend to prefer Thai women to expat women.

As a result, the social aspect requires more effort when residing in Thailand.

Just my observation.

BTW, good luck.

Thank you for responding, i really appreciated and you are right, observation is very important.
My goal,  to get away from social scene, i am a loner and the reason i have attraction to Thailand i have heard that there are some places which is very peaceful out there. To find a real and sincere friend is hard  everywhere, even in your own country where you speak the same language. I am very happy for local women that they are popular and wish all of them happiness.
But i am looking for a different things in life.
If you have more observation on the life out there i would be happy to hear.
what city has more quiet energy for meditation and places to live has a good quality
thanks again.
By the way , what is your name?

Hi, my recollection is that there is an Expats Ass'n here in Chiang Mai. The majority would be from the USA & a fair portion of the club are women.members.
Chiang Mai has numerous activities ranging from bridge, dancing, dining - you name it.
My most enjoyable activity here was a private study of Buddhism.  The wat (Buddhist temple) at Suandok (Buddhist university) has monkhat & talks on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks again, i really enjoy our conversation, it is my point to go to spiritual places and meditation
i study zen and different Buddhist philosophies but to live in the country where it is in the air i think amazing. I am sure it is nice for many people to go to dance and have fun, i am not into this.
i used to live in Manhattan and have been at the best places of the town now i am in Los  Angeles but i enjoy spiritual places where i spend most of my time, when i can.
How long have you been out there?

13 years - all in Chiang Mai.
In Thailand, they practise Theravadan Buddhism (to a degree) coupled with a lot of superstition.
The most popular temple for me was at Suabdok - a Buddhist university.
I contacted the Buddhist Foundation - Taiwan. They supply Buddhist literature free - all schools.
I acquired a large amount of literature in both Thai & English language for distribution at the wats.

WOW, it is very interesting , if you don't mind to tell me where are you from?
13 years it is time to get to know around the local traditions, i can't tell you how many books i red on this subject, and it was and still is the best time of my life.
You know their language if you requested books in both,
in case, i am giving you my email , maybe it is faster to communicate, only of you like , other wise i can respond here.
Essentially, Buddhism is the path of light and has lasting value , obvious for people who are ready to explore mystic and light.
There are a lot of people claim to be a teachers or guru but the truth is the highest spirit comes on earth very rare in interval of thousand years, most people are guessing and a lot of confusing, it is our journey to discover the truth
here is my email xpota12@ gmail.com
only if it convenient for you

Hi,
I am new to this site and I am looking for a paid or unpaid job in the field of hospitality, travel, or tourism to start some experience in the international tourism and hotel management field whether it be in a resort, hotel, or airport. I am a young Thai American lady in my late 20s right now and I have just returned back to Thailand after graduating from a Thai and Australian school in the International Tourism and Hotel Management field about two years ago.
-sassybluenet

Please confirm email.
I replied - exceptional prose.
Bad luck - email incorrect?

Hi everyone!!!
I have just discovered this great website and I registered my account! Nice to meet you all :)

Nattty wrote:

Hi, I m Nat.
I m Thai who want to improve my english and make new friends.

Nice to meet u guys 😃

Hi nat,

Can i be your friend ? My name is stanley. Live nearby hatyai.

Hi my name is Nicole, I will be travelling to Thailand in August  :) really excited.

Hi all,
My name is Barry Smyth, Irish, and I have been living in Phuket for the past 6 years. I work in the hospitality business and have recently finished my position as GM of a beautiful hotel after 6 happy years. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Regards

barryjs wrote:

Hi all,
My name is Barry Smyth, Irish, and I have been living in Phuket for the past 6 years. I work in the hospitality business and have recently finished my position as GM of a beautiful hotel after 6 happy years. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Regards

Hi Barry
Guess you are taking a break before you start a new contract in another hotel. A friend of mine just started his contract in Phuket as a GM too. There are many hotels in need of GM especially China. Now there are many management hospitality companies.
Enjoy your weekend.

Hi good to hear from you, thanks for your message.
Barry

barryjs wrote:

Hi good to hear from you, thanks for your message.
Barry

You are welcome and enjoy your weekend. Good to know an Irish.

Perhaps have a pint of stout during your weekend.

Sorry couldn't join you as I'm non alcoholic ;-)  Be happy.

Hi,

My name is Ping. I'm Thai working for real estate agent in Bangkok. It's great to join this blog making the new friends.
I will try to share the local idea and answer the questions in this blog.

have a nice day

Hi All..My name is Punya. I am from India and currently living in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. Soon in 2 months I am moving to BKK for 3 yrs atleast.  I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks
Punya

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495056

Thanks!

Closed