Help ! Intend to marry a non muslim & bring in Riyadh

Dear All, 

Any one who has knowledge on this matter , please be generous to reply.

I am a male from India, currently in Riyadh, I will soon go to India for marriage but the girl I wish to marry is a non muslim.
We wish to settle in Riyadh, please let me know what procedures and documentations I have to do/pursue in India so that she can come in a Saudi Arabia.

Kindly reply, Will appreciate your quick response..

Mak250586

There is no problem to bring your wife whether Muslim or non Muslim there is not thing to do with religion as long as your Visa valid and your position in your job professional you just need to ask your company for approval family Visa. that my knowledge about this kind of situation any one has more details please correct me.
Good Luck  from now

Hi EssaIsaac1

How are you.

I read somewhere that girl has to convert first and that's why I want to know the right procedures to follow to gather right document prior to I come to Saudia and proceed with visa application process.

Anyone else has insight regarding India leg informations

Mak250586.

EssaIsaac1 wrote:

There is no problem to bring your wife whether Muslim or non Muslim there is not thing to do with religion as long as your Visa valid and your position in your job professional you just need to ask your company for approval family Visa. that my knowledge about this kind of situation any one has more details please correct me.
Good Luck  from now

yea bru...girl needs to convert first or else it won't be stamped blah blah etc

My friend just got married and girl had to convert.

hamudi....

yea bru..girl needs to convert first or else
it won't be stampewd blah blah etc

My friend just got married and girl had to convert.

Hi Hamudi,

Can you please tell me the case of your friend that is how he managed to do all these . Pls reply...

Mak250586 wrote:

Hi Hamudi,

Can you please tell me the case of your friend that is how he managed to do all these . Pls reply...

In my friends case girl was in Europe, she converted at a local mosque, and married in Islamic tradition, then marriage was registered etc etc and then sent to Saudi Embassy for stamps.

Not sure if same case applies in India. but it should...good luck

As far as I know there is no precondition that the girl should convert. If you are a muslim and marrying a non-muslim in your country of origin, all you need is a valid marriage certificate attested from the proper authorities to get your wife here.The rules of bringing a muslim wife or a non muslim wife - as to document requirements are all same, there is no condition that says she has to convert to come to KSA.

She needs to convert...or so was the situation in my friends case.

Assuming the girl is coming from India and non muslim, chances is she is a "hindu" and most likely the priest will not proceed the marriage because she is not "from the book".

So if the girl is hindu, even in India she needs to convert islamically for the nikah to take place.

There are two things in this post.

1- How to get married to a non-muslim:
A marriage with a non-muslim girl is disallowed in Islam. She needs to convert obviously.

2- How to bring her here:

As HRGuru said:

HRGuru wrote:

All you need is a valid marriage certificate attested from the proper authorities to get your wife here.

If the priest, judge, whoever has problems with allowing the marriage, OP will not get the marriage certificate. Case closed.

Just avoiding mixing two things in the original post.

Hi Hamudi

Thanks for all your effort, now I got to know what should be done in my case.

I will keep posted if needed any other information.

Appreciate your cooperation

Mak250586

Hi HrGuru.

Thanks for the reply.. Now situation is clear.

Appreciate a lot all your effort..

Thanks

Mak250586

Mak250586 wrote:

Hi Hamudi

Thanks for all your effort, now I got to know what should be done in my case.

I will keep posted if needed any other information.

Appreciate your cooperation

Mak250586

Anytime habibi....make sure u invite me to the wedding, it's been a while I've been to an indian wedding :D

Balle Balle

1. You have to get married as per the "SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT"
2.any 2 persons of different religion can marry under this act without changing their religions.
3.No religious ceremonies are required. The marriage is performed by "MARRIAGE OFFICER" appointed by the government.
4.You will have to give notice to the marriage officer, probably one month in advance.
5. And once you are married you get the marriage certificate which needs to be attested by Saudi embassy for visa stamping.

Rest what HR guru said, completely holds valid.

Cheers

saimans wrote:

1. You have to get married as per the "SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT"
2.any 2 persons of different religion can marry under this act without changing their religions.
3.No religious ceremonies are required. The marriage is performed by "MARRIAGE OFFICER" appointed by the government.
4.You will have to give notice to the marriage officer, probably one month in advance.
5. And once you are married you get the marriage certificate which needs to be attested by Saudi embassy for visa stamping.

Rest what HR guru said, completely holds valid.

Cheers

But as a muslim, for the marriage to be "halal" the girl has to convert , whether marriage act or film doesn't matter.

hamudi wrote:

But as a muslim, for the marriage to be "halal" the girl has to convert , whether marriage act or film doesn't matter.

Pls read again what OP has asked. He has no where mentioned conversion of religion. This is a simple answer for, how he can get married and get her in KSA.

And regarding converting and not converting and halal or whatever, it's his personal decision !!

saimans wrote:

Pls read again what OP has asked. He has no where mentioned conversion of religion. This is a simple answer for, how he can get married and get her in KSA.

And regarding converting and not converting and halal or whatever, it's his personal decision !!

yea, I know what the OP asked, read post #3 by op where he is asking whether the girl needs to convert or not.

And that's why the topic of religion evolved in this thread, I'm just outlining the rules in islam for him.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please avoid cheap language here
hamudi wrote:
saimans wrote:

yea home slice, I know what the OP asked, read post #3 by op where he is asking whether the girl needs to convert or not.

And that's why the topic of religion evolved in this thread, I'm just outlining the rules in islam for him.

Read my answer on point no -2

saimans wrote:
hamudi wrote:
saimans wrote:

yea home slice, I know what the OP asked, read post #3 by op where he is asking whether the girl needs to convert or not.

Read my answer on point no -2

ok...so ?

Guys... guys... please calm down.

Both of you are correct but there are some parts missing;

A Muslim woman can not, I repeat, NOT  under any circumstances marrying a man who is not Muslim. Unless she is not practicing and don't care to be banned from her family. Or when he convert then its possible.

A Muslim man can marry a woman who is not Muslim and she don't need to be convert. If the man is a practicing Muslim he will choose only to be marry a woman " from the book", like Hamudi mentioned, it means a Christian or a Jew.
If he is not practicing and don't care what others think of him or what he do, then he can marry anyone else.

In other words: no one, and I mean no one, can force another to convert for the sake of a marriage unless the person itself want it too (fake or not).

And just another comment: its an Imam and not the priest (Catholic!) who do the marriage.

@Primadonna - What I was saying is completely related to Indian Laws :)

Thanks everyone for helping me in this complex situation.
*If I had been living in India then special marriage act was one of the choices.
*Nikah is for two parties who are both muslim. But here guy is muslim & girl is non-muslim. Girl has to willingly chose Islam for nikah to take place.
*As I know Saudi Embassy will stamp visa in case they are of same religion.
*But the informations I gathered from Internet is that Embassy may not stamp the visa of Non Muslim wife having Muslim husband.
*And to get visa stamped the girl has to prove the authorities that her new religion is Islam, - to prove this will have to submit the 'nikahnama' & a conversion certificate, issued by a mosque or an Islamic centre, and the conversion certificate to be notarized.
This is the knowledge I have gathered so far on my matter.
**Good thing is, 'Nikahnama' can be obtained.
**Bad thing is, in India no Mosque or Islamic centre issues conversion certificate which is acceptable to Saudi Embassy.
And finally I don't know how & where this conversion certificate can be obtained.

Mak250586

Wait wait something seems to be wrong, I will give you an example which I know myself, this guy is Muslim Asian origin but U.S. Settled and his wife is a citizen of China.
And the guy works in Saudi but the wife has not converted her religion to Muslim before she landed here. So what you (mak250586) are saying must not be true.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia where the laws change without any notice. Could have been the case previously.

As mentioned in my post previously, my friend got married and his baby doll had to convert in order for the marriage certificate to be stamped.

South Asian and Chinese...what a combination...all I can think is rice...Ramadan blues...

:o  Oh my God :dumbom::joking::sosad:

Dear ,

Please seek for official source ( Indian Embassy and check the terms and conditions )

Good Luck

Alaa

Hello my friend,

Religion does not matter. You need to have official marriage documents and have everything documented according to the Indian law.

Then, when you come back to Saudi Arabia you have to apply to bring your wife in.

You have to make sure that your job in Saudi allows you to bring your wife to live with you.

Congratulations
Mohammed

that's because he got married in Saudi but our friend here planning to get married in India

welcome to yesterday

TheLegendLeads wrote:

There are two things in this post.

1- How to get married to a non-muslim:
A marriage with a non-muslim girl is disallowed in Islam. She needs to convert obviously.

Wrong. It's allowed. If she is Jewish/Chrisitan, she doesn't have to "convert obviously".

If she's neither, then yes, she "needs to convert obviously".