Bus(ticket) from : Veliko Tarnovo to Elena?

This summer my friend and I are planning to visit Bulgaria ( destination Elena )
This means we have to take a bus ( probably Biomet ) from Sofia central bus station to Veliko Tarnovo and take a transfer to Elena.

I was wondering are there indeed two separate located bus stations in Veliko Tarnovo ? ( I read something about an west and south station ) and If there is, where will our bus stop (Are there any differences in tickets to Veliko Tarnovo so are bus can arrive directly at the right station )?  And are both stations ( west and south ) capable of bringing us to Elena?
Do we buy our tickets to Elena at a local booth or directly in the bus.

Hi,

yes, there are 2 bus stations in Veliko Tyrnovo. You will arrive on south with Biomet and Union Ivkoni(and close to it with Etap and Group) buses from Sofiq. In both cases you will need to go to the other bus station to board the bus to Elena(a small one, don't expect the big buses that brought you to Tyrnovo). Your best option to move between both stations is a taxi. Should be around 3-4 BGN(1.5-2 Euro) maximum. Before you could buy the tickets inside and from the driver, lately I think it is only inside. I haven't checked whether they have it in english there, but here is what should be written for this direction in bulgarian(Велико Търново - Елена). You can write it down on a piece of paper, in case you are having problems explaining your direction. Keep in mind the buses are not every hour and the latest one was around 6.30pm. If you know when you will arrive, let me know and I'll check what are the options for you at that time.

Hi,
I'm in the same case, and I go to Elena in June, 10.  :top:  I land at midday at Sofia and I hope to find the bus for 1.pm. Taking into account the 3-hour driving duration from the airport, once at Veliko could you help me to find the right bus please ?

Thannkkks  :D

I'm very sorry for the late reply. I hope this is not too late, but the buses from Veliko Tarnovo to Elena are at 15:00(without weekends), 17:15 and 18:00. You can buy tickets inside the bus station and just get a taxi between the 2 bus stations. You can ask how much before getting in the taxi and the amount I told you about is reasonable for the distance.

Have fun in Elena, I was there a few days ago and it is green and beautiful everywhere!

no, not too late yet! thank you very much for the bus schedule and all the information. I'm sure I'll use it! :) !