INFORMATION ABOUT CITIZENSHIP.

Hello! i am from a 3rd world country, i have been married for the past three (3)years,wife(Hungarian) and we have a kid(8months old) but all through out the years me and my wife have been studying, though i just started working now.I was wondering if anyone who has gone through the Simplified Naturalization procedure for Hungary could provide me with some information on what kind of documents are required? or would i be able to apply for citizenship yet?

thanks.

I'm not familiar with the requirements of the other types of naturalization, but the Simplified Naturalization procedure is for those with at least one ancestor who was a Hungarian citizen.

Victor Brown wrote:

Hello! i am from a 3rd world country, i have been married for the past three (3)years,wife(Hungarian) and we have a kid(8months old) but all through out the years me and my wife have been studying, though i just started working now.I was wondering if anyone who has gone through the Simplified Naturalization procedure for Hungary could provide me with some information on what kind of documents are required? or would i be able to apply for citizenship yet?

thanks.

I think you can get citizenship another way.  You sound qualified on multiple grounds - married to a HU citizen, kids who are Hungarian and presumably living in HU "properly" (not illegally) and "clean" with all your paperwork. You should be able to do it if you have patience. The main issue will be knowledge of the language.  If you are fluent, then it might be OK.   

Incidentally, years ago I saw a Nigerian vet on the TV who is a Hungarian citizen. There's also guy who works in Tesco in Budakeszi occasionally who could be from Africa. I don't know if he's Nigerian but Mrs Fluffy says he speaks quite good Hungarian.  So it is possible.

I am in the same position and when I looked last time, I was qualified apart from the language knowledge. I never bothered with it after that because I'm an EU citizen. Doesn't give any advantage for me except voting.

All I can suggest from here on is Googling it further.

Victor Brown wrote:

You do not qualify for simplified naturalization. Your options are listed at the below link, under Section 4 (Naturalization):

http://www.mfa.gov.hu/kulkepviselet/US/ … garsag.htm