Tips for getting your first job in Honduras

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Honduras?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Honduras?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

You must have residency or a work visa to work in Honduras. What field do you specialize in?

Education, but you should have all official transcripts and a recent police report of good conduct!

What is the pay like in honduras? How much a month?  I imagine its not much

Legally that's true.
However, in Honduras many things are done that are not enforced by the law.
Working is one of them.
Tourist businesses are the best place to find work.
However, work is scarce and pay is very low.

If possible try to start a business that fills a need. You would be surprised how many there are to be created.
Stick with something that caters to tourists. They are the only ones with money to spend.

Many are bartenders in resorts or bars. Roatan is a place to look but living costs are high.

If you are an american I do not see you looking for a job here, I can see you undertaken a business. I agree with Ron, there are plenty of needs that need to be filled. There are plenty of areas where existing business are not very competitive (run by locals or foreigners) and you can make the difference as well, just know the market.