Transfer from Doha Qatar to Oman Salalah

I am working in Doha Qatar for 7 years and I have an offer to Oman Salalah. I want to cancel my Qatar visa, can I fly and transfer to Oman Salalah directly without any problem for the visa issue? If I will not cancel my Qatar visa and transfer to Oman, should I have any problem for Oman visa application in the future? Please advise. Thank you very much. Take care and God bless us all.

Hello,
First, this forum should not be considered authoritative about any country's visa rules. All I can advise you is, you can get a visit visa upon arrival at the international airport in Muscat, and since there are now direct flights between Salalah and Doha, I am assuming the same holds true for Salalah international airport. This visa costs 20 RO - you can exchange your money just before you go through customs - and is good for 3 months. While in country then you should be able to obtain a longer work permit/visa - or your company sponsor should do that for you..
Hope this helps but please don't take it as official. I would still check the relevant embassies/departments of foreign affairs involved. Good luck.
Graeme

Graeme Thank you very much. This is a small things but for me you release my worry. May the good Lord bless you and shower you more blessings. I appreciate it very much, hope you will continue helping others. Once again. Thank you very much dear.

You are very welcome  Cor - glad I could help!

Graeme :)

Graemek wrote:

Hello,
First, this forum should not be considered authoritative about any country's visa rules. All I can advise you is, you can get a visit visa upon arrival at the international airport in Muscat, and since there are now direct flights between Salalah and Doha, I am assuming the same holds true for Salalah international airport. This visa costs 20 RO - you can exchange your money just before you go through customs - and is good for 3 months. While in country then you should be able to obtain a longer work permit/visa - or your company sponsor should do that for you..
Hope this helps but please don't take it as official. I would still check the relevant embassies/departments of foreign affairs involved. Good luck.
Graeme

Graeme,

What you have stated is true if,

1-    A person is just visiting Salalah, based on a valid work visa from Qatar.

And,
2-    On-Arrival visa is valid for a limited time and the visiting person should exit prior to the end date.

In this case, the person is concerned, mainly for the work visa and since he is offered a job in Oman, he must cancel his work visa from Qatar and then obtain a visit visa of Oman (Which will certainly not upon arrival). Two cases are possible in this scenario.

1-   Cancel the Qatar Work visa and exit his own country.
2-   The employer in Oman should obtain his visit visa and call him, prior to the joining of the company and then convert the same into work visa, depending upon the procedures at Salalah.

Hence, the on-arrival visa is valid for all those people who have a valid work visa from their respective GCC countries, they are working for.

schaz thank you for your advised. so now I will cancel my qatar visa and my oman company should provide me visa and everything will be okay. Thank you all.

I trust you will pass this info on to COR2015.

Thanks Graemek and schaz.

schaz just to verify, If I will cancel my visa from Qatar and instead I will fly back to my homeland which is Philippines. Would it be possible for my Oman company to give me visa and I will fly directly to Oman without any problem? since If I will fly back to my land sometimes they are requiring more papers again and you know it's quite difficult since it takes me more times and they need me urgent. Please advise. Thanks once again for your valuable time and patience for me hehehehe.