Visa for teaching

Hi

I have been offered a job in riyadh for teaching. Can anyone give me some advice on the visa process, how long it will take? My start date is august 8th, I'm feeling very anxious as I have resigned at my current job and have yet to hear from the HR department

Firstly, you shouldn't have resigned until you had been sent a visa and cleared the medical in your home country. Visas can take up to sic months. Have they sent you a visa yet? A contract ?

Manilla wrote:

Hi

I have been offered a job in riyadh for teaching. Can anyone give me some advice on the visa process, how long it will take? My start date is august 8th, I'm feeling very anxious as I have resigned at my current job and have yet to hear from the HR department

Are you a Filipina? I am also a teacher here in Dammam KSA. Is your employer a government or private university? If its a government they can provide you a visa in  short period of time since they have ready visas already. But if its a private, it would take some time. Here in Saudi there is a Nitaqat Law, Saudi:Expat ratio for private sector, it affects the visa processing of employers. I assume you have resigned upon the advise of your agency in your country. Start of SY 2015-2016 here is on the 3rd and 4th week of August.

I've been given my offer letter signed and the hr department have now contacted me to request details for my contract.

I'm still waiting to hear about the visa process. It is a private school in riyadh. I will be travelling with my daughter, they have told me there would be no issues as she will be under my visa and we will be travelling together.

I'm hoping no surprises, do you have any idea about the visa issue?

Thank you

Hi

I'm from the Uk. The school is a private school and I've been given a start date for the first week of august.

I'm feeling anxious as it will be me and my daughter travelling. She will be coming with me and I was wondering if this would be an issue withe the visa. The school have said no problem so I'm hoping that there will be no nasty surprises. Any info would be great

If they have given you a contract already then things should work out reasonably quickly for you since you have to be here by August for the new semester. Good luck in your new opporunity