Ice Cream in Mauritius

Where i can buy the best selfmade Ice Cream? Are there any nice ice cafes around the island?
Can you recommend a nice place in flic en flac or grand baie for sitting and enjoying ?

Mamamia has now moved to La Croisette, their Ice Cream is to my taste very good! Try there.
And next to it you have a coffee shop of a south african brand.
But if you prefer a more personalised touch with contact to the owner you should go to ROOTS Café in Pointe aux Canonniers, close to Mont Choisy and that small round about.
There is also Müller Café in Grand Baie where you can get some nice Apfel Struddel cake.
In Pamplemousses you can try Wiener Walzer Caffee, they also make various cakes even the Schwarzwälderkirschtorte :-)

And another great coffee shop with excellent food is the one located next to the police station in Grand Baie next to the 360 shop.

There are definitely more places :-)

Bon appetit!

I am not sure if you would also class FROZEN YOGHURT as something else that you would enjoy.  If so you could try SIMIS at Pasadena Village Flic en flac  (Above the Spar Supermarket) It is a small branch and if you go to Cascavelle shopping village there is a bigger branch of the chain . They have a number of different flavours on a self-service basis which can be as much or as little of each flavour you want. toppings are also on hand again self service.   Also around the island mainly in shopping malls is the other Frozen Yoghurt chain called Angelberry that operate the same self service system as SIMIS.

Merci beaucoup.ich werde es testen Dietmar.komme im Juli nach Mauritius.und wenn ich nichts wirklich gutes finde muss ich wohl was eröffnen

Hello Fightholic,

Please type in English solely, since this is an English forum, we have to make sure that everyone  understands.

Kindly do the necessary.

Regards,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team.