Taking a car to Iran for personal use

My wife and I are leaving USA for Iran after 39 years to retire in Shiraz. We are dual citizen. We like to know if we could take car ( new or old) as part of our belonging and if so, is there any tarriff to do so. I am not interested to ship my household goods, but only a car. Thanks.

Hi,
You are welcome to Iran. Do you want to live in Iran forever? There must be Some aspects of the Tariff. I am sorry i really don't know. Anyhow, you can travel to Iran without your car and buy new car in Iran. Don't worry we have power cars with good conditions. If you want to live in khuzestan Iran i suggest to buy arvand car. There so many different types of cars available in Arvand cars. like, BMW, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Chevrolet and so on. This kind of cars came from kuwait,Dubai and other countries.They have License plate, it means you can travel only in khuzestan and if you want to travel out of khuzestan you have to take persimmon and the permission is only for 45 days per year. Best car brand and cheaper. But, if you want to free and travel to any point of Iran so buy Arvand car with National car plates.