Hi all.. from serpong, Tangerang

Hi all.. im a new member, im indonesian, currently living in serpong, Tangerang.. its a sub urban city 40minutes from Jakarta, things are developing really fast in here, im interested to have international friends , please feel free to ask anything about serpong, tangerang, lippo village and surroundings area, i hope we can make a positive friendship and i hope i can contribute positive information to this forum

Thanks

Can you tell me where I can buy a HDMI to DSUB converter in BSD?
I could also use a KFC in case I get hungry whist searching for the converter.

Hey Fred ^^, nice to meet you, well i never thought i got this kind of question lol.. okay but im not kind a hardware guy , but im sure youll find what you looking for at the Living world mal, it is not at bsd but its at alam sutra just 20 mins away from BSD, they had a nice big Ace hardware there., but they dont have KFC in it , but there is a lot of good restaurant at the mal, im sure get your tummies fill up while youre wandering.. i hope this information helps..

Cheers ^^

:blink:

I thought you loved the local indonesian food...why KFC.. :lol:

jazzy851 wrote:

:blink:

I thought you loved the local indonesian food...why KFC.. :lol:

I was being naughty and KFC was a clue.
The answer to my question is, Glodok electronics in BSD plaza.

o i c - :lol:

so were you testing yogi.giehok local knowledge ? :D
Do they have Mac D in Indo... :P

@mas fred: youre right ^^ lol.. i forgot about that Glodok electronics at BSD plaza , its getting less popular here coz of a lot of new mall build in this area, Thanks for reminding ^^ anyway are you live in serpong area? I live in Lippo karawaci and my office is at gading serpong

@Jazzy : of course we have Mcd Lol

BSD plaza is wonderful.
Between GE and cimema21, there's no finer mall in BSD.

I agree in Bsd yes , but now there is a lot of new mall surrounding bsd like Sms mal in gading serpong , and alam sutra they had 2 big malls (Living world mall , and mall alam sutera) and in the end of this year bsd is opening new mall at BSD foresta its a very good mall too

jazzy851 wrote:

o i c - :lol:

so were you testing yogi.giehok local knowledge ? :D
Do they have Mac D in Indo... :P

I think McD is in every country except North Korea and Burma.

Becareful to choose friends.
Beware fraud by Foreigners.

hello Tangerang Man :)

BSD and serpong it awesome place to live in...

Hello princess sandra , tangerang man lol.. u can just call me Yogi ^^

@Supri : Thanks for the warning, i will be carefull

Hi Yogi, I once tried fried snake and bat there with some friends. Out of curiousity.
Though had a hard time with the unusual smell. I should contact you when I'm ready for a second attempt! :-)

Annie

Can I buy snake meat in Serpong?

:huh:

Fred have you had this before?

jazzy851 wrote:

:huh:

Fred have you had this before?

I've never been given any snake.

Tangerang is kinda famous for it, Fred. Snake, bats, lizards etc.

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Tangerang is kinda famous for it, Fred. Snake, bats, lizards etc.

I posted some nice photos of a guy making snake soup a few weeks ago and there's a shop selling snake meat just to the south of Alam Sutra roundabout.

Hi Sophie and fred.. i just had a chance to check my emails.. wow.. i never had fried snake and bats before ^^ , and i never knew that there is one in serpong..

@sophie: iknew there is one tent restaurant (we call it kakilima) at pasar lama Tangerang old city

@Fred: wow you seems to know a lot in serpong, i just knew there is one in alam sutra, thanks for the info.
where do you live fred? Maybe we can meet up someday, you are kind a nice guy though

Have a nice long weekend all

Is there a " Tanggal merah" that I missed? Why long weekend?

@sophie: yes.. today is tanggal merah ^^ in indonesia, where u at?

Btw, I'm thinking to give Fried bats another chance when I'm back in July or August since I remenber eating it when I was a kid. My uncles used to hunt. Birds and bats are some of them.

yogi.giehok wrote:

@sophie: yes.. today is tanggal merah ^^ in indonesia, where u at?

What Tanggal merah is it? Ugh, I feel dumb.
I'm in South Korea.

Its the ascension day of jesus christ

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info Yogi :-)

@ yogi

I live in my own little world - a place angels fear to tread.

@sophie : youre welcome

Hahaha alright fred

Hi. I have a question about Serpong area. Can someone advise of a good condo around the surrounding area? (1-2 bedrooms) Equivalent to TA or Setia Budi in Jakarta area. Close to food, Nice malls, etc. It would be nice to have a fitness center, swimming pool, and good security. Fairly new (5 years at the most) clean and modern.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello JL114 and welcome on board

For info this thread is inactive since 2013, you may not receive any response here.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team