Moving to Belize and curious

Hello member.
I would like to move to Belize,and would like to know the best and less expensive place to live and job opportunities for foreigners.
And I was wondering if it requires s visa for a Tanzanian.I read on the internet that it doesn't,but just to be sure.

Habari yako?!  I would not leave Tanzania for Belize - Tanzania ni nzuri sana!!!

mimiapa wrote:

Hello member.
I would like to move to Belize,and would like to know the best and less expensive place to live and job opportunities for foreigners.
And I was wondering if it requires s visa for a Tanzanian.I read on the internet that it doesn't,but just to be sure.

A check on the Belize immigration site shows that you will need a visa. Jobs for foreigners are difficult to get too.

Stay where you are.

Hi mimiapa,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope you will find useful info. Please do not hesitate to have a look at other topics on the Belize forum. ;)

All the best,
Christine

Salama kabisa.
Thank you for your concern,I truly appreciate..but I would love to know more about your reasons .thank you so much

I say do what you want. I'm moving in 2 years to Belize because its a beautiful country.... I would much rather struggle in an amazingly beautiful country than in the deserts of Texas! Look people... We don't post on the website so you can tell is that we shouldn't move. We are going to move whether you tell us to or not... So tell us something we need to know... Like if its hard to find a job for foreigners then what should we do to get a job that foreigners can get? Something that helps us on our journey....

Work permits are not easy to get for a foreigner. Unless you have special skills, and can do what a Belizean can't do.
No work permit required once you are a permanent resident.

Don't come to Belize expecting to find a job.  Getting work permits are extremely difficult unless you are in a specialized field that no local can fill. If you get permanent residency you can get a job but the average pay here is $40 per day bz. ($20 U.S.) As an American you won't be able to live on that. You can start a business but factor in that there are only about 300,000 people in the entire country.  The local population is not capable of supporting most business ventures.  Realistically, you need 3-5 years of reserves to understand and establish yourself in the local economy.  We have seen so many with good intentions go broke and return to the states in despair because they just did not have enough staying power.  My wife and I have been here six years and we love it but there have been many challenges. I wish you the best.

I am leaving the states on the may 12 to drive to Belize. Going alone, Hope to see some of you down there. Thanks for all the help.    Dave Long