Passport and Visa going to Expire soon...!

Going to get a permanent residency here in Mexico as my Residente temporal going to expire next month :) Wish me luck guys! after 2 years of residente temporal finally the time to change my visa to permanent is near! by the way i got married to my ever loving Mexican Husband.

Congratulations!  :top:

Congratulations! I just got engaged to my Mexican girlfriend (now "prometida"). I will be navigating that road myself as she and I will be living in Fortin de las Flores in Veracruz.  I am curious though, how long after one becomes a permanent resident can they also be considered an expat?

I have always thought you become an expat the moment you cross the border out of your home country. I don't much like the term because it implies "not home" and I am very much at home in Mexico.

And---congrtulations to you and your prometida.

Hi,

Best wishes to you and you're other half  :) you're going to be permanent it depends what kind of documents do you have. I have FMM( forma migratoria multiple) or tourist card. And i got married here in mexico. After that we go to INM to check all the documents to that we need for me to be able to stay here in mexico for good. First they will give you Residente Temporal (temporary residence) for 2 years and after 2 years you can apply for permanent residence :) as easy as that. But if you have the FM2 you need to wait at least 3 years before applying for permanent residence.

note: this procedures are only for those who got married with mexican. But those who are not they need to wait for 5 years to get their permanent residence.

Good Luck!

Congrats. INM fees are 4289 + 1124 pesos. For a Permanent Resident normally you can only start process 1 week before your TR expires. As noted you can do this after 2 years by being married to a Mexican national and your marriage recorded with INM. Normally you wait 4 years.

Sonia