Top 5 tips to live in Dominican Republic

Lots and lots of stuff honey..........LOL  Some of us not retired are working.....  AND preparing for Semana Santa, the worst time of year to be in this country.

Oh, come on now Planner, how can you
not enjoy the Family parties, time at the beach,
and all the other parties?
All in moderation, of course!
:)

Ahhhhhhhh see that is the issue, there is no moderation during Semana Santa. I would rather wait until after it's over....

The beach is 4 minute walk from my house so I may wander down there to look around, have a drink and watch.....LOL

This is the time of year, the only time of the year, that I wish I was somewhere else.

It is like they let all the inmates out of the jails and psych hospitals, gave them all a gallon or rum, full tank of gas and let them go at it.

Certainly the most dangerous week to be on the roads.  So far this week 15 killed on the highways and the "crush" does not start till tomorrow.

For me; shopping for food for a week today, fill the cars with gas and starting tomorrow we basically will not leave the house till Monday,  Preparing for a hurricane is easier.

Bob K

Ha ha!  We're escaping our crazy Carnival season in a few weeks to come visit YOU!  Good timing

Well, I'm just going with the flow, in moderation
of course! :)
Have a safe & fun holiday all!

a) be patient
b) have a sense of humour
c) speak Spanish
d) have your own transport, rented or bought
e) BUY EARPLUGS !!!!
F) have fun !

Dominicanfun.... seeing as you don't have a name,
maybe you should remove your website from your posts.
You can buy an ad here & do it honestly.

The North Coast is still in my plans in 4.5 years......versus 5 years when I first joined this great site.  The pure pressure of needing to go to the beach daily, is starting to effect my thinking about retiring there now.  I was hoping, that I could go there, leave the day to day work grind behind, and maybe go to the beach 4 or 5 times per week would be great, and just Relax.  But now I'm hearing that the top standard, is to go to the beach daily!!   7 days out of 7,  Oh lordy, the pressure mounts.  JDM

JDM....
Yes, the lure of the beach!
It does wear off, somewhat quickly,
for me anyway.
Couple times a month is quite sufficient
for my new family & myself.
For you, who knows, but do it ASAP!
Tom.

Me too.  I have been to the beach 2 times in 2 years.... yikes I think I need to find some balance.