Handan China

Hello,

I have been offered a teaching position in Handan China by Maple Leaf School.

Any info on Handan or that school would be great.  Does anyone on here live in Handan and have a blog about it that I could read?

It looks like it's really industrial and remote from the "hotspots" of China.  I'm having some indecision issues trying to figure out if I can be happy there for a year.  There are seven other foriegn teachers at the school, so it won't be completely isolated, but I don't get the impression that there is a very big foreign population there.

Shanna

Welcome to China. Handan is in Hebei province, i should say that i am not that familiar with it. If you have any question, you can turn to your Chinese students, they will be happy to give you one hand.

An ordinary city in China.
Aunes Oversettelser AS

Another English teacher :)

I'm not really sure what a typical Chinese city is.  I've only been to Beijing.  I will be travelling through a bunch of different places in Sept. and Oct. so hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out on my own before I accept a job offer.

Is there any interesting architecture, or is a completely recent development.  I've heard it's really industrial, does that mean completely unpleasant with nothing to do?

I need some more detail here.

Avoid this city and Maple leaf school like the plague!!!

HAVE JUST MOVED TO HANDAN CITY AND NOT CONFORTABLE AT THE MOMENT ANY FORIGNER LIVING IN HANDAN WE CAN BECOME FRIENDS AM IN FENG FENG FENG DISTRICT

I have been contacted to give more details about my experience working for this school, so for the interest of anybody thinking about moving to Handan, or working for this school please read on...

I worked for this school some time ago, and it was by far one of the worst experiences of my life. Looking back now, I can see I was an easy target to manipulate, and was bullied by the "boss". (moderated) If your Chinese isn't good enough to socialize and make friends with the locals, don't think you are safe because other foreigners work at that school.(moderated: rude comment) You will know exactly who I'm talking about if you have ever worked there.

Handan is a very dirty city too, due to it's steel factories. There is nothing in Handan, it's a very boring place to be compared to other cities in China.

If I can stop one person from making the same mistake as I did, then at least I have achieved something from this post.

Hi

Is Handan, that bad??? i will be going there in two weeks !

I would like to know more !!

any information would be helpful !!

Please tell me all

Thank you !!

Davidvfu1 wrote:

Hi

Is Handan, that bad??? i will be going there in two weeks !

I would like to know more !!

any information would be helpful !!

Please tell me all

Thank you !!

The thread you have posted on is almost 12 months old so you are not likely to get a reply.. Please feel free to open a new thread

I've been in Handan for a few months during the virus pandemic and I haven't seen a single foreigner here yet.

Hello CameronLaffy,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for participating to this thread even though it has been inactive since 2015.

If you're looking specifically for foreigners to interact with, or information on any other subject, feel free to create a new thread on the China forum.

Hoping that you are safe where you are.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello,

Currently living in Handan. Need more friends.

Yakub

Are you still in Handan?