Coming to Tunisia in March for a Conference...it is safe?

Hi Tunisia Ex-Pats.  I am an American expat in Brazil.   I have been asked to represent our project in Brazil....www.bichosdopantanal.org ... at a conference in late March in Tunisia.  Can anyone in country give me solid information on safety, especially regarding to terrorism, kidnapping etc. in Tunisia.   Do you feel it is safe for an American ecologist and Brazilian woman to come to Tunisia?  Sites are giving me different infos, from OK to do not go.

Thank you so much....Douglas [email protected]

yes me friend .you are welcome  in Tunisia.we live safe and peaceful life here.

Yes it's save, i'm living close to algeria nd i'm always well informed about these subjects, yes we do have some trouble from time to time but we handle everything very well, nd bout kidnapping i'm sure there's no need to worry at all. Just don't be out in late hours ;):D  which areas r u planing to visit here ? people here r very kind nd helpful i'm sure u'll enjoy ur time here, add to that March is a good time to visit Tunisia, valleys r green, not too much rain, it's getting warm, just awesome  :top:

Thank you!

Cheers, Douglas

Olà douglas , nao se preocupe , eu moro aqui e afirmo que nao tem nenhum risco.

thais lando abdelkefi wrote:

Olà douglas , nao se preocupe , eu moro aqui e afirmo que nao tem nenhum risco.

This is an Anglophone forum so to respect the rules of the blog I kindly ask you to write in English only.
Everybody can understand what you say and participate on this thread.

If you want to continue in Portuguese, you can go to the particular forum.
To access this forum you have to click on the flag next to your profile in the green banner above the page.
A menu rolls out and you can click on the flag of the Portuguese language.

Thank you in advance!

Tunisia is safe and here they respect tourists very much,Tourists are more protected than Tunisian :D   if you need any help or information, i can help you with pleasure

you're welcome

Tunisia is not Iraq, the terrorists are hiding in the mountains close to Algeria.