Finding a Job as Nurse or any work related to my field

Good Day...
I'm Mark Dino Albiela, a Filipino nurse and currently working here in Libya. I want to work in Malta as a nurse or any work that is related to my field after I finish my contract here. I can speak Arabic and able to communicate well. Kindly help me on the steps that I should need to do. As much as possible I want to go to Malta directly from
Libya. thanks and God bless...

Hi Mark,

welcome to the forum.

You will have to apply for a visa at the 'Visa Application Centre' in Tripoli:

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … -visa.aspx

Working as a non-EU nurse in Malta is getting more difficult now as the government just vowed to employ around 140 graduates from the last nursing course. You would need a work permit.

Cheers
Ricky

should I apply for a working Visa? as of now I don't have an employer yet but I'm looking online for the jobs that suit on my profession

Hi Mark,

there is no 'working' visa in the Schengen area to which Malta belongs. If you apply for a visa to work in Malta you have to already have the job.

In fact you can't even apply for a work permit yourself. You have to find an employer willing to apply for you. If you find an employer it can take up to 8 weeks as the employer has to prove that he can find nobody else in Malta and the EU willing to do the job.

In your case it is is probably better to try and find work before you arrive in Malta. The St. James Hospital (Sliema) have a hospital in Libya too ! Maybe that is a way to start.

'Nurse' is a regulated profession in Malta and you will have to be registered.

Cheers
Ricky

thanks ricky. It helps a lot. ;-)

ricky wrote:

Hi Mark,

welcome to the forum.

You will have to apply for a visa at the 'Visa Application Centre' in Tripoli:

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … -visa.aspx

Working as a non-EU nurse in Malta is getting more difficult now as the government just vowed to emply around 140 graduates from the last nursing course. You would need a work permit.

Cheers
Ricky

They do that a lot at the hospital. I tried for ages, years, to get a dental nurse position at the hospital, they only employ those who took the course in Malta. When they have enough, they shut the course. Now, I think it's a good idea, as when I qualify as a dental hygienist, I wouldn't want the hospital to fill all the jobs with outsiders!!

coxf0001 , thanks for the response... I guess its worth a try because I believe that the opportunity in Malta is much better compare to Libya. I will take it step by step. I'm willing to work as nurse assistant or any work that is related to my field because as mention by Ricky you need to register first in Malta before you could work as a staff nurse.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I should have pointed out, that is the government hospitals. The private hospitals work in a different way and like Ricky said, St. James is a good bet.

Caroline

thanks caroline, i agree with you st. James is the best bet. And I heard that most of their patients are Libyans so I have an advantage since I can speak arabic

I hope there still managing this site to answer my queries..
im a registered nurse in the philippines and looking for a related job in malta (nurse/caregiver). I had work experience in libya and went back to phil for safety reason.
I have friend who owns agency located in malta and offered me to work  as a caregiver in a home care based in hospital(that's what he says to me). I was so glad about the job offer but I'v been wondering because a friend of mine says that they were just looking for a experience nurse or caregiver to work in a hotel as a room attendant.how true is this?
I'v been planning that I would just use my caregiving application to step to my real plan which is taking exams to become registered nurse in malta. Is it possible to do?
aside from my work as a caregiver can I find a part time job? How long it will take to process my documents?
Looking forward for your positive response.. thank you!!

Anyway im a male nurse.. is there opportunity for a male applicant to find a job in malta much easy?

Hi Mark ,
I'll be brutally honest with you ! - Malta really is not a serious place for health professionals in my opinion ! - I'm a UK Registered Nurse and spent just under a year working in Malta ! - never again , shocking salaries , poor professional standards and no serious chance of career progression if you come up against a Maltese national.They have the contacts/relatives and you really aren't playing on a level field. 
Great for a holiday but work wise , quite ridiculous !!!!

I see, anyway thank you for the insight..im weighing myself if I have to continue my application in malta or find another employer around arab country.I have heard that malta is a european country hence I was expecting good salary even caregiving job but as u have said its very low compare to others..
one more thing, is it possible to cross to onother country if I came from malta? Like UK,US, canada? Are u a UK national? I was planning to study in UK before but too much cost for me. thats the only way to become registered nurse in UK. Correct me if im wrong..

Hi , I think there are some registration issues you would need to overcome in order to work in the UK and the people you would need to contact for more details are the NMC ( Nursing and Midwifery Council ) - they are our governing body and deal with all registration issues.
Good luck

Im a staff nurse and orthopaedic practitioner  myself and can confirm that the NMC are the authority to contact, quite a few hospitals are recruiting foreign nurses due to the shortage we have in the UK plus nurses coming to the end of their career (i have 2 years - if i go that long!) There is also a yearly fee of £100 now for a Staff Nurse plus top up fees for other parts of the registration.
Some countries training are not acceptable and some have to do a top up training but you would not know unless you contacted the NMC.

Hi do you have carrer certifates? Or nursing certificates? If yes do you wish to take care of my mum in gozo malta?

gozitanoa wrote:

Hi do you have carrer certifates? Or nursing certificates? If yes do you wish to take care of my mum in gozo malta?

Answered a post from two years ago.

Closed