Cleaner , or room attendant in Malta, whats the wadge and minunium per

Hi All,

If I got a jobs as a cleaner or A Room attendant in Malta what it the wadge there, Also the min wage per hour for 18 yeast old,

Hope to hear from you soon,

All the best,

Thanks,

Alfie.

Hi Alfie,

don' expect much more than 4 € / hour and have someone check your CV for spelling.

Cheers
Ricky

Also worth noting a lot of the work in this industry is part-time so you  will need more than one job

ricky wrote:

don' expect much more than 4 € / hour and have someone check your CV for spelling.

I would be surprised if he gets that much!! for a regular full-time job cleaning or attending hotel rooms as simply there are many other takers and pay is dismal.

When I arrived here this time last year, I felt isolated as didn't know anyone and a lot of winds and rain stopped me go out for walks etc. I desparately looked for any work just to get to get out, get to know people and have a social life on the back of it.
I have worked in takeaways and fast food industry for years, even managed a business for a time, all I could find was working in a local burger joint. 2-3 hour shifts each day at €3 per hour!! and one working for a sandwich bar 2 hours a day at €4 per hour. I had to pay €1.50 bus fair and it would take 6 hours to door to door, including transport time: so I would work for around €1 per hour!!!

I decided that level of pay amounts to slavery and fortunately I didn't have to take it. I would happily sit at home doing nothing and watching the world go by. In the event I got bored so joined a gym with a pool and sauna etc and spent many happy hours there. I got in shape again in no time as a result. As the gym was in a hotel. I was constantly meeting new people and had a very active social life indeed! :))

Also a girl I met, works full-time in an upmarket shop.  She has to be very presentable at all times and do some admin work on the side. She is very elegant and talented, also speaks Maltese though not very well, as her ancestors were from here and yet only gets that much, €4 per hour.

I'm only telling these so expectations don't run wild. Hopefully you can find a better paid job than I did. I wish you success.

Matt worked as a kitchen assistant in the summer in sliema for 5euros an hour bus ticket is 6 euro50 a weeks and he travelled from sliema to marsaxlokk and did 20 hours a week , he also had a second job as a stores person earning 6 euros an hour for 24 hours a week ... So whilst I agree with new horizons to an extent you can easily find some decent work if your prepared to work hard and do more than one job  he is doing a full time salaried job now (thank goodness lol)

Oh Lol , I cant belive how low the wage is in Malta, I am now working in kent,Uk as a Kitchen porter and cleaner I am getting 45 hours a week at £289.00

Hi there , Yes thank you all done now.

So in Malta there's no full time jobs ?

There are some ft jobs

If you can drive they are currently recruiting for full time bus drivers. (no skill needed)  :whistle:

Terry

I dont drive lol , Taking lessons

Hi There , where do you think i can get full time jobs , Im living in london on good wage, cant belive Malta has such a small min wage lol

Alfie97AA wrote:

I think he's qualified then, any thoughts Terry?

Alfie97AA wrote:

Hi There , where do you think i can get full time jobs , Im living in london on good wage, cant belive Malta has such a small min wage lol

Compared with the UK, Malta is a low cost economy: low income and low out goings are normal.

Rents are lower,
no council tax
no tv license
utilities bills are much lower
car insurance is low
car tax is low
buses are cheaper
cinema ticket = €4 (£3). I paid £23 in Queensway last year

Hi there, is that where you come from,Queensway ?, I know where that is. I suppose so, I can earn £1200.00 per month in London but I am coming to Malta in June iv booked my ticket for the 25th and worrying as i know i ant going to earn this much lol, I am going to bring some money that I have saved but how knows how long it will last ha lol, as don't know how much I will be earning,

All the best,

Thanks,

Alfie.

Alfie you will easily be able to live on 800-1000 euros a month ,

You can be 99% sure of these:

You won't earn anything like that here
You cannot bank on finding a job quickly or when or even if

Think of coming here as an adventure and a chance of living holiday over the summer.
Consider it very carefully if you want to come to Mlata and if you can come here.

If you decide to come
- Save as  much as possible (£500 a month) between now and then
- come here woth minimum £3000
- You will have enough money to live modestly till end of year without work
- Come here
- Take a good look around for work
-Great if you find it quickly but you can live 6 months without working and earning

If you decide not to come, bin the ticket, sell it or give it away and count your luck

New Horizonz wrote:
Alfie97AA wrote:

I think he's qualified then, any thoughts Terry?

Lol  very good :)

I know I can easy live on 800 to 1000 a month but dont know how much I am going to earn in Malta, I am earning 1,200 in England now so going to save so got a bit of money in june  lo l

Doing two part time jobs we got just under 850 euros a month ...

Ok thank you I am coming on the 25th of june, I am going to try a bring 5,000 euros with me so I got money behind me before i find work

New horizons is correct that there is a lot of risk involved moving country and trying to find work and he is also right your unlikely to get a wage similar to your current one. It's a whole new way of life , you will learn lots of new things and you will have a great experience .matt and I got lucky jobs within a day of arriving but we both worked extremely hard for commission based jobs until Matt found it work and  kitchen work this took about 3 weeks for both jobs then he got a stores job and so worked practically full time for same company doing stores and kitchen hand to make up hours .. In September he got offered his old boss job doing it which was salaried and full time ... For a lot of places it's not what you know but who you know so get out there and take your cv and chat to owners of bars restrauants etc ,

If you are happy to take a risk the rewards can be great good luck

Thank you so much Ben, I am going to take that risk lol , I will bring between 4500 and 5,000 euros so I can rent and live, and look for work and hopefully find something,

Your right , Its not what you know its who you know lol,

Thanks

Have a great evening,

All the best ,

Alfie.