Decent jobs in Thailand?

Would that be possible for a Filipino to look for a job in Thailand while visiting there as a tourist? Im pertaining about decent jobs for degree holder. I wanted to travel and be into different countries however i need job while traveling so I won't be out of budget when I travel for 12months.

you need a work permit to work in thailand.unless you are an expert or do a job thai nationals can not do your chances are very much limited.anyway if on a tourist visa strictly not permitted to work at all.violations can be jailed ,fined and deported.

I understand that every country requires work permit for an alien to do any jobs. I will never work too having a tourist visa but i think i don't need a visa going to thailand.  What i am trying to find out if i can go on vacation and at the same time apply for a job like in Singapore then if lucky to get one then i can process a working visa. I know few mutual friends did it in Singapore however now Singaporean are strict about it causw they feel that we are taking place for their jobs..

I don't want to put myself on shame and be arrested or deported because of stupidity.  What i wanna do is to work and travel. In USA they offer work and travel program however it's only for 4 months and i need to be a 3rd year student and for my status im graduating this March not unless if i enroll another program which i don't want yet maybe later in June.

you can do in usa but not in thailand.they have a list of at least 39 jobs reserved for thai nationals.you can find it online at thaivisa.com

Ohhhh i see.. maybe teaching english would be possible.  Thanks

Many Foreigners want to come to Thailand to work and many will go into teaching English as that seems to be the only job available. These jobs are like looking for a pin in a hay sack. Besides salary are low and very stiff competition.

also for teaching english you need a work permit and most schools are reluctant to get you one.please keep in mind that for any type of work you need a work permit even if you are working for free.

@diehard thanks for the response as i said i understand about the work permit. Of course, we can't work without a permit in a foreign country not unless if its illegal.

@Rejoice yeah for the salary it depends if how is your lifestyle and expected salary. If i'll do it, Im not gonna do it for a living it might not be enough what i want is just to try to be in other country and not spending all my savings. Thanks a lot to all the responses. I just some times think random things of how to travel outside the country while still young. This is not really my main goal. :)

I appreciate it though :)

What's your expertise miss? What did you study?

Come to Chiang Mai and try to live here for a while (it's cheaper than elsewhere: Bangkok - Phuket) and we also have a large pinoy community with whom you could connect to if you'd like to find out more before you start travelling).

Contact me if you're interested to find out more -
John

I have a degree in Marketing for undergraduate and right now im working in customer service industry for retail banking. Yes John, Im quite interested right now im in the point of considering traveling and make connections. Thank you.

Yes by all means bring or make many copies of your C/V and hand them out go to the schools. If you are a good English speaker there are a lot of teaching jobs for you.

Salaries for a foreigner in Isaan teaching English, native English speaker 30-32,000 Baht per month.

Less for those from the Philippines, Vietnam, Korea etc., as a rule.

In Bangkok teachers are earning 40,to 50,000 Baht a month.

You can be a hotel manager that is another job for foreigners.

If a Thai can do it a foreigner is not allowed to, is the basic premise.