Hi Everyone,

Kind of you to let me join your group, as I am not really an Expat, but my grandfather was Sri Lankan, and have always been intrigued by things Sri Lankan, not the least my husband who was born there, but left when he was 10, lived in U.K. and finally settled in Australia, where we met each other.
We travelled there in 2013, and were so taken with this lovely island that we are thinking of retiring there in a few years time.  We have much to learn before we do that, so am interested in peoples ideas on retiring there, buying real estate, visas etc.  wondering with the new government If the Dual Citizenship will be available again??? We also want to volunteer there, we are both nurses, would like to help out in local hospitals if possible, and in animal welfare.  We also sponsor a child in Mannar, that we want to continue helping as well.

Hello rosmin63 and welcome on board

Hope that some members may be able to help you real soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com team

Congratulations, the new Government has re-started the process of issuing Dual Citizenships to persons of Sri Lankan origin, but the fees are a bit high, and should be revised, due to the large outcry, I will keep you informed....

Cheers!

GOOD IDEA, I WILL HELP YOU ,KEEP IN TOUCH