Test Manager - Opportunities in Australia

Hi there,

I have 7 years of experience in software testing. Currently, working as a test manager in India's leading MNC software company. I have wide exposure in blackbox testing. I have experience in (real device) Mobile testing. I possess scrum master certification (Agile Process).

I have plans to move to Australia due to my personal reasons. I heard that, its very tough to get a job in Australia from overseas.

Kindly help me in understanding the software industry growth and opportunity in Australia. Also, kindly let me know, even if a get a job, How much would be my salary (This is to plan financially as i am planning to bring my wife along with me).

Thanks
Manoj

manoj22kumar6 wrote:

Hi there,

I have 7 years of experience in software testing. Currently, working as a test manager in India's leading MNC software company. I have wide exposure in blackbox testing. I have experience in (real device) Mobile testing. I possess scrum master certification (Agile Process).

I have plans to move to Australia due to my personal reasons. I heard that, its very tough to get a job in Australia from overseas.

Kindly help me in understanding the software industry growth and opportunity in Australia. Also, kindly let me know, even if a get a job, How much would be my salary (This is to plan financially as i am planning to bring my wife along with me).

Thanks
Manoj

Jobs of any kind are getting harder to find for locals so expats will find it even harder. Unemployment is rising.
For jobs thy www.seek.com.au
  but most companies or employment agencies who advertise there will not take on expats unless they have the correct visa or the advertisement specifies that they will supply the appropriate visa.
For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au  There is a skills list on this website so if your skill set is there then you have a chance at getting a visa if there is a job available for you. 

Cost of living is high, rents, transport, food, power, water, schooling, medical insurance etc.  For cost of living www.numbeo

For salary expectations www.payscale.com

Thanks much for giving me the detailed information. This helps me to plan much better. I will connect back with you if i need any other info. And Yes, Thanks again..!!
Merry Christmas..!!