Minimum cost of survive in Malaysia for Single person.

I have git a job offer in malaysia.

Company will pay me RM 1500/ Month + Complete accommodation which include aircon hostel with pool table, HD TV with Videocon channels, free wifi, free water, free electric.

As I'm a fresher so i don't expect i can save much in starting years of my job.

I just want to know. can i survive in such less salary in malaysia. as it is travelling job but company will pay expenses for travelling.

Pls reply ASAP.

You must be taking the p133!

12 years ago my asian partner was a mature student who got 2500 rm a month allowance plus free accom from her father and shared with her two sisters (each on same) could just survive in kl.

You do the math after 12 years of inflation!

It's what most restaurant waiters are earning plus they get tips. The accommodation is worth RM250 per month but I can almost hear the gleem in your eye about the pool table. You will live with the lads and have absolutely no chance of any social relationships with ladies at that rate of pay (nor could you afford it). So if you have a degree, then I think you are being conned to work for too low a salary.  Travelling?  that will cost you quite a bit as well, even though the company will presumably pay your hotel (if away overnight) and your mode of transport. Seems a strange type of job to come to Malaysia for and to compete against locals if you are trying to sell something. I have heard of people coming here to sell items to barber shops. Are they paying for your work permit, medical examination and X-ray, health insurance, travel to Malaysia, and mobile phone bill etc.?  They should be. At least get your phone paid for on top if you really intend to accept that kind of job.

Moat waiters/workers live ten to a room and no better than slaves if foreign. If Malaysian they live at home and fed by parents. My Indo cleaner earnt 3k tax free as a second earner. That is rock bottom

Agree with Nemo. Do not take this job as it is slave labour.

Thank you so much both of you for replying.

As told by HR, they will pay for my work permit, travelling to malaysia, and this is a technical job. They've hired me as a Drive test engineer in a company called Divine-spectrum Sdn Bhd, which is situated in Petaling Jaya.

Sounds like an interesting job, but it is such a low wage it is laughable.

That's what.! they told me to give an increment right after 6 months of joining but didn't mentioned how much increment they will give.

I asked them to pay at least 2700/month, but they denied.

Can anyone pls tell me till what minimum salary i should get that job.

Take a look at this salary guide and see if you can identify a job and related salary that relates to what you will be doing, bearing in mind you are a fresher.

Kelly Salary Guide 2014

Since ur fresher you can consider the saving now. for testers salary goes like this, 3 years exp 5000 to 6000RM. and 5 years and more 7500 to 8000RM. its depend on ur hiring company as well. since accommodation is provided by company. this is ok to live enough in malasiya :)

Perhaps Mayu26 should clarify what he means. i.e. the salary ranges he gives are enough to live in Malaysia?

If he means RM1500 pocket money (for that is what it basically is and not a salary), then what about food, mobile phone, etc.

Basically you may probably have RM750 over each month if you shop for food carefully, take your own food to work, dont eat out with your colleages, and dont buy meat or dairy products.

But what a lifestyle and how embarassing to admit that is all you are worth after so many years of studying. Uneducated waiters and bartenders, not to mention call centre personnel, get more than you.

hay there,

you have to understand the person requirement clearly. he is not expecting to go with friends or going clubbing every weekend. since he is a fresh graduate, this is a good chance for him to work one of the good offshore company with multicultural environment. if he sacrifice those for 1 or 2 years, then he will get the lifestyle what he dream. Since the company paying for accommodation as well as all the utility bills, he have to spend 1500 for his food as well as other expenditures. for food per person 400 to 600RM is well enough. Hope you understood now.

But the reality is, after 1-2 years the company will probably just hire someone new, at the same lowest possible salary again.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.!

But I don't really care about 1-2years.

I just want to gain experience.I know as fresher I can't save much or even nothing.
All I want to hain experience that's it.

Good Luck and enjoy your Malaysian experience!