EP case rejected and appeal with higher salary

Hello... I wonder anyone can help me to clarify something about the visa application.

I got rejected by MOM last week, the HR from the new company told me because my salary is only 3k and lower than what I had currently and its coz they dont have s pass quota.

So they try to appeal for me in the same salary I get for EP which 3.5k. Just not sure is it going to work or not because I tried the SAT and I eligible only for S pass. Which is strage because I am EP holder for my current job.

And I already resign n need to go back to my country while the new company going to appeal for me.

So is this SAT is accurate? Do you have any advice how I need to plan strategy or anything coz I am so nervous right now.. thanks

The SAT is usually accurate.
If you are only eligible for S-Pass, you should quickly look for an employer which has space for you in their quota!
The EP criteria have been tightened, so you having one now does not mean you're still eligible. And S$3500/month is a very low income for EP - if you have more tha 3 years work experience, your minimum to be eligible is probably higher (try the SAT with various salaries!).

Hello beppi..

How if the company want to appeal and try to adjust the salary higher than the 3.5.. probably the right amount that I try on the SAT.
Would MOM grant the EP or appeal in this case will not have a good result? I am less than 3 years actually, just hit 2years experiance..

It is very difficult to get an EP with less than 3 years experience.
And re-applications with higher salary are frowned upon by MoM - because they too often come with illegal arrangements (i.e. this salary exists only on paper). If you try this, the employer should at least attach a very good explanation why you are suddenly worth more to them. I don't know any such explanation.

Hi beppi..

Its beacuse I hold higher position on my current company because several people go then I automatically rise. Like that.

Then when I take the new company offer, they simply has bigger team n systematic way of work. But I can not get the same position with the same salary anymore. They give me junior position. So they try to bargain n agreed to try apply visa with 3k first. N if its not successful they get me 3.5 same as what I get now...

Should that reason help? Or MOM also not bother with this.. I actually called them and ask, they told me I need to ask the company to rise my salary. I just not convince with rising salary will help...

I cannot tell you if the reasoning will work, but MoM will tell you if you try.

I guess I need to gamble with this then.. thanks a lot beppi.. at least someone can elighten me with the situation. Its really make me anxious..