Looking for new friends.

Hi All.

This is Eric Lee, Chinese, 28 years old,  speaking English and Portuguese.

I have lived here in Mozambique for 4 years, travelled all provinces.Once worked with mining company,  and now I am in civil construction industry, and at the same running my own export company which is located in China.

I would like to share what I know for this country with all yo, so, if you want to know anything, just come to me, I will try my best .

Hi, Eric,

I am about to join a company which has sites in Pemba, Tete and Maputo..I am from India, Pure vegetarian,
Could you please tell the scenario of style of living, cost of living safety and working in Mozambique as I am new to this continent, however I worked in Bahrain

Awaiting for your reply., thanks in advance

Thank You

Sudhakar

Climate and food:
Maputo, Pemba are cities near the beach, with comfortable climate. And you shall have various choice for vegetable.
Tete is terrible hot in summer ,the food choice is limited (potato,onion,tomato), especailly in summer.

Entertainment:
There is no much entertainment. After work, you may have a cup of beer in the local bar. or visit some conserved reqions when you have vacation for scenery and animals.

Living cost:
If you cook, some market price (local market not super market) for you reference:
Maputo, potato/tomato/cucumber 25-30Mt/kg
              cabbage          50-70mt/one
              carrot               100 mt/kg
              lettuce              20-30 mt /one

exchange rate: 1USD=31 MT
The price aboved is not accurate, just for reference.

Safety:

Here are robbery, but still good when compared with other African countries. People here are friendly and warmhearted.

one proffesional armed guard from the security company will charge 900 USD more or less.

hi,

how are you. my name is blessing and i am a quantity surveyor from zimbabwe. i am more interested in knowing more about importing procures from china

Hi this is nelson am at South Africa now bt I was born in maputo so I like to know you very well

[moderated : please do not share personal contact infos on a public forum ]

Hi guys

My name Is Mvuyo I live in South Africa , I'm seeking someone who can assist me in getting weave eg brazilian ect I need a suPplier from MozambIque Maputo can someone please assist

Thanks Mvuyo

hi, Lee,       i think you must know the country very well, and have made a lot of experiences. if you are in the area around TETE, i would like to get to know you and exchange with you. probably we can do something together.    Violetta