LG TV

Hi

I have shipped my tv from the UK to Bahrain. Was there any point? Can I actually tune it in to there version of digital TV?

Graeme

You could have bought a TV here.

Satellite TV is available here in Bahrain and you will be able to subscribe to a package suitable to you. I also understand there are other (illegal) ways of tuning into TV programmes.

I got my TV here.  Bigger and better...and cheaper than home.  I don't bother with cable - between downloading movies and series, my VPN, and the shows and documentaries on YouTube I am good to go.

But you should have no problem getting cable installed with your TV.  Just get a good surge protector for your electronics.

I download everything I want to watch for free online but OSN is here too and is good. It will work with your UK telly. Storms are rife at this time of year so do ensure you have good surge protection on all valuable electronics.

OSN is there version of sky? I take it it's not a case of being able to tune into there version on digital free view?

No digital freeview here. Yep OSN is just like sky (except not the same sports, no F1) You have to subscribe and get a dish on your roof and a cable through the wall to your internet router and then to your tv. You can get a separate subscription from a different provider for all the sports. Can't remember the name but it's around BD5 a month. Other guys on here may be able to help you (or look through the posts and find one about footy or F1)