Moving from india to Malaysia need help ???

I  got a offer of 3500 Malaysian Ringgit per month
Should I accept a offer?

Bhupesh, not even gonna bother explaining why, but the simple answer is a big NO :-)

Thanks Carlyle !
We are few colleagues joining same company. If we  are going to share room  after basic food expenses , would we going  to save some money back home to India or not?

What kind of job?  That salary is high for some industries and foreign workers. Your quality of life wont be great and I anticipate you will work a lot. I think it is possible to live on RM30 per day plus accommodation. Malaysia is at ;east 60% more expensive than India. So on that basis alone, you should be getting a salary here that is at least double your current one plus some.

I got a offer as Network Engineer for Polaris Financial Tech Ltd. I occasionally  drink and complete Veg. So, I believe my expenses will  not be much other then Food, Fitness Club etc. And, I am planning to  share room with my colleague who are going to join same company.

I got 3 Years of Work Experience. So, I believe working in Malaysia would be  a good exposure to move ahead in career.Company Said they can expense maximum  3500RM.

Now, please advise would I be able to survive and send some amount back or not?

Bhupesh, still a no. Even if u say you are single, dont drink or smoke or party, Id still say no. Minimum here is 5k. No expat should go lower.

As far as I know, an expat needs to make a minimum of 5k anyways to get a valid work permit. I wonder how your company is going to work around that, but pls say no.

Ok, I will deny offer  :o

If you r really that keen, negotiate for at least 5k. dont expect any savings. maybe do the job for 2 years and then head back to india. as u said, it will be valuable experience. so u gotta think about experience vs savings.

Bupesh,
it depends on your experience. Whats your total experience?

ok sorry just saw your message regarding experience. For 3 years 3500 is Low salary. try to negotiate. if they are ready to provide accommodation + travel, then you can give a try. :) Good Luck

Agree with jamie. Try to get 5k or 3.5k with accommodation and car.

Your replies are really valuable. :)
After listening to your advises.
I reach to conclusion that 5000 Ringteen is the minimum mark to survive in Malaysia.
So, I should ask for 8000 Ringteen. And, if employer insist me to negotiate and says we can't hire,  I would not go anything less then 7500 Ringteen in any case.

Good plan bhupesh :-)

Great... Goodluck :)

hello everyone,
I am Sahithi, recently i have moved to kl .I am Btech(Computer Science and Engineering) 2013 graduate. I want to do job here(kl). But i have tried everything like posting resumes in job websites and mailing my resume to companies but nothing worked out. Can anyone help me?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wckljobs/

You need to be 23 years of age and I expect as you don't have any experience, that is the reason you are getting rejected or not considered for any positions.

Think about getting an internship. It may lead to a job.

are you looking for a job in IT? development? if so, send your resume to me.

Hi md.jamie.in,

Should you have any job related to IT, please feel free to post them in the IT & Telecommunications jobs in Malaysia, this might surely help other job seekers.

Regards,

David.

yes i am searching jobs in IT field and in teaching side too. I have strong skills in C,HTML 5,PHP,java,Oracle. Now, i am 23 years so der will be no problem right?

If i get job in teaching side i will be more happy. :)
if anyone know about schools around please let me know....if u think i have chances of getting job over der
Thanks for your previous replies

Hi. I have 4.5 yrs of experience in IT (Java/J2EE development). Can I get a job in Malaysia by applying from India? What is the best way to apply? Can applying through job portals work out?

I think it would be good if your company pay for school fees but if your salary is RM17k then perhaps they will not do it. International schools are very expensive in Malaysia.

Hi, I am currently in Kuala Lumpur, my husband is in IT industry and i am in recruitment, i am here with husband and looking for a job. But i am not getting much offers, please suggest what should i do.

HR is one of the crème de la crème careers in Malaysia, so there are almost no vacancies for foreigners.  Your only possibility is to work for an agency, such as Michael Page, on a commission basis.

And what about customer service profile

Hi md.jamie.in and All,
I have 5 yrs of experience in IT (.Net/Asp.net development). How can I get a job in Malaysia by applying from India? Can some body please provide help how can i find job in malaysia.

Hi,
        I am a engineering graduate in Electronics and Communication. Currently I am working in one of the world leading ICT company as telecom application developer in my home city. Presently my salary is 6 lakhs per year .. I have almost 5 years of experience in Asp.net/C# application development in ICT domain.

I was looking a job change and recently got a offer of 8.5 lakhs per year in an another reputed MNC in the same city. At the same time I have also got a call from Malaysia based placement agency regarding a job offer in the ICT industry and also cleared the client interview. They have given a form to fill up , I am not sure what should I put in the expected salary . Considering my portfolio what amount should I ask?

I will not be the direct payrole of the  company, is is this type of JOB is safe considering job security?

Hi,

I worked in Malaysia. It's a good country. You mentioned that ur hubby got offer for 8000Rm which is a good salary. First let me clear your tax doubts. If you are going to work more than 183 days in Malaysia. Your tax payment(28% of the total income) will be reimbursed by the government. Also if your going to wok less than 60 days there will be no tax.

And regarding your expenses. 1500-1800 RM for the apartment is a good deal. for groceries and other expenses for a family will come around 2500 ringgit. Apart from this it is upto you how you spend the money. But don't worry, I guarantee you u can save a lot. Also enjoy a lot, when u compare with other  European countries and US.
In Malaysia Petrol rate is very cheap.

While a person has not yet qualified as a tax resident in a single year January to December there are no tax refunds or allowances. That is the point of dividing people up as either resident or non resident.

Hello friends,

I guess am asking same repeated question here,  but please answer it guys it will surely help me.

I got an offer of 6000RM per month which doesn't includes accommodation,  travel expenses or any other things for that matter.
I have around 4 years of IT experience as a data warehousing consultant technically expertise in Informatica, Oracle and other ETL related stuffs.

So my questions are again same
Is this a decent offer,  I am gonna ask them for 10000RM per months. I am worth it right?

Taxation in Malaysia. This job is 18 months contract. I will be working for Maybank.

I am single expecting to get married in another year. So what will be the package which allows me to save around 5000RM per month after all my expenses and taxes

Guys please share your valuable suggestions here. It will help me to make my decision.

Thanks in advance
Niranjan Raikar

Hey this sounds fishy. Another member (JAVA skills) is also right now being offered a job at Maybank (RM7k per month). Are you guys sure this is legimate and not a job scam?  If you are being asked to pay money for anything all, then it is suspicious.

Asking for 10 when you have been offered 6 is silly.

Tax and COL etc. you can find answers already provided on the forum. Just take a look.

Thanks for replying

I haven't asked to pay anything to get a job in Malaysia. I make a decent salary back here in India.  I save about say 30000 IN that would be around 1500RM after all my expenses.

So 6000RM is not that good salary to me and my skill sets which is in quite a demand globally. So I guess if I get a package around 10000RM per month in Malaysia.  That will be really great and I can save around 5000RM after all expenses.  So thought of approaching them with this salary hike.

And more over if I switch to any MNC here I can get a decent package which will allow me to save 3500MR per month here.

10k the tax will be RM2600 rest of 2014 - no refund given as you would be classified as tax non resident.  After 182 days in 2015 you will then start to pay normal tax annual tax rates which will be:

0-5,000     0%                                                     
          5,000-10,000      1%
         10,001-20,000    1%
         20,001-35,000    5%
         35,001-50,000   10%
         50,001-70,000   16%
         70,001-100,000   21%
       100,001-250,000  24%
       250,001-400,000  24.5%
     Exceeding 400 000  25%

Over payment of tax and access to allowance of RM9k per annum can be claimed back in April 2016.

rental and utilities are biggest expense (including internet, tv, phone) RM2k-2.5k
if you need a car that is about RM1k per month
food - vegetarian RM500 per month - Meat/Milk RM1k per month (for one person)
entertainment - it you want beer it is about RM4 a can bought in Brickfields. In a bar it is RM15-RM30 a pint (time of night)

Banks are usually good payers and there are ceilings for salaries, as there is always someone wlling to compromise.  Pay increases dont often happen and with COL rising steeply this can be an issue. There is also a programme for IT knowledge workers underway, so there will be less reliance on foreign recruited staff.

Salary guidelines for Malaysia:

Kelly's Salary Guide for Malaysia

Thanks Gravitas for such a detail info
I really appreciate it.

Negotiations has been started lemme see where exactly it will come.

Contact me Irein
[email protected]

I am from India. I have 15 years of experience in Equity Research Technical Analyst. Can I get a Job with decent salary in Kuala Lumpur.

Hi Guyz

I am an Indian with 12 yrs experience( 7yrs in UAE, rest in India) in Banking/Events field. Planning to move to malaysia. My core experience for the past 7yrs has been in Banking(Sales) as Relationship Manager, though i have experience of the complete consumer banking.

Any suggession/advice is highly appreciated!!.

Regards
Sheyr

Hi guys,
This looks like a extremely informative blog with great informative comments.

I am planning to move to Malaysia and have been offers in IT sector. Married and one year kid.

I need your help on following:
1. Are there two types of contract, one is local and other expat. Which one is good.?, local contract or expat contract.?. What are the differences?,My consultant told me that these days, getting a local contract is beneficial than expat contract?
2. What is the difference between tax resident and non tax residents?
3. What is the cheapest way to call back to India?

Thanks for your help.

Ask your consultant to explain his answer about the local contract?  The salary should be no less than RM7500 per month on either type. Expat contracts tend to include things like transportation allowance, paid housing, paid tax, paid flights, initial accommodation, leave entitlement like your current country, etc.

Read postings above regarding tax residency or do a search on the forum to find other postings. You have a similar system in India and many other parts of the world.

(moderated: off topic)

i have two years of exp in sap abap,i am willing to move abroad ,can anyone suggest how can i get job there,do i need to approach any consultancy ,please suggest me how to proceed?????????????