1constru tion2shipping3vehicle purchases in/to D. R.

I-can we build a second house on the same property in a small village, what can I do to be secure about my land and existing house  2- can we ship from Canada to dr.without problems . Any secrets?? Personal and construction items! They say to register a company in Dr.  Ship company to company is easiest? 3 is it easy to buy a new vehicle and insure a vehiclere there in dominican

I don't have any answers, but am looking forward to the answers. have many questions on these subjects myself. had several bikes & vehicles but never put them in my name. insurance was easy. was able to buy it in a garage that was also an agent.  it was cheap for the required amounts.   of course this was 4 years ago. many things have changed since then. maybe this has changed also.  good luck & welcome.

1. If you have title to the land and apply to ayuntamiento for permission and file plans, and they approve it, yes. 

2. If you have title and deslinde you are secure. If you dont you have little of value.

3. If you get residencia you can ship a container but know the rules, otherwise you pay tax and duty.

4. Incorporation is probably needed BUT not all companies and types of companies import duty or tax free.

5. Sure its easy to buy a new vehicle but again not always a good idea. They are expensive and can make you a target.  If you overstay a tourist visa and do not have cedula and Dominican driver license you are driving illegal and in case of accident you are not covered.  Make sure to buy FULL insurance.  And buy a vehicle thats a couple years old at least.

I agree with all that Planner says except for the used vehicle.  If you plan on being here for a long time on a full time basis then I would recommend buying new.

Bob K

Mark up on new is soooo high.  1 or 2 years old saves a ton....

Actually new or used plan on spending 35% more that you would in the US.

BObK

Thanks for replying on vehicles and shipping . Bought a used car from a former Canadian in Boca Chica.  It has some problems but it's OK.i hope . another note.... I did not register my house I bought with my Dominican girlfriend together yet. Any advice??

ON the house....contact a lawyer

Bob K