Moving to Australia, anybody please tell me about job market there

Hello Everyone,

I'm moving to Australia for better prospects, could anyone please suggest me how is the Job Market in Australia, I'm into Software Fields, it would be great if I get some idea about it. And also please provide information about Cost of living for a family with 2 kids.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Suresh

sure30in wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm moving to Australia for better prospects, could anyone please suggest me how is the Job Market in Australia, I'm into Software Fields, it would be great if I get some idea about it. And also please provide information about Cost of living for a family with 2 kids.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Suresh

For cost of living www.numbeo.com
You will have to pay for your children's education costs and your family medical insurance cover.

For jobs www.seek.com.au   

For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

Hi Suresh, there is a Global Company that was launched in Australia in May. If you would like the info please message me for details. Kind regards.

Thank you so much for providing valuable information... Please let me know what information required from my side, so that I can send to you.

Thanks for your reply stumpy, I'm surprised that need to pay for children's education, but I read in few forums and from job consultants saying that children's education is free in Australia.

sure30in wrote:

Thanks for your reply stumpy, I'm surprised that need to pay for children's education, but I read in few forums and from job consultants saying that children's education is free in Australia.

It is for Australians, but even then there are school fees to pay.

Hi,
I'm actively searching for job in Australia. I've landed one week ago from Canada and plan to stay a year in Oz. Do the Global company you refer to is searching for employees?

Thank you,
Mihary

stumpy wrote:
sure30in wrote:

It is for Australians, but even then there are school fees to pay.

Your reply is appreciated stumpy

MiharyCanada wrote:

Hi,
I'm actively searching for job in Australia. I've landed one week ago from Canada and plan to stay a year in Oz. Do the Global company you refer to is searching for employees?

Thank you,
Mihary

Hi Mihary,
I'm having option to move either Canada or Oz, Could you please tell me why you have moved from Canada to Oz.
Is there any drawback shifting to Canada for immigrants looking to settle there? Your reply in this will help me lot to analyze where to to shift.

Thanks
Suresh

Hello Mihary,

Yes the company is looking for more people. They are based in 28 countries and are expanding in all areas. Inbox me and I will foward their details.

glitzylife wrote:

Hi Suresh, there is a Global Company that was launched in Australia in May. If you would like the info please message me for details. Kind regards.

'

For the benefit of others on this forum please post the information here.

Education in Australia is basically FREE for Australians AND Permanent Residents AND Four Year Visa holders (457) in some states.

britzinoz.com/education-in-australia
Although State Schools are classed as free education, Voluntary Contributions from about $60 per child per year are normally expected, and asked for, by every school.  This cost can however be much higher in some State schools.
Each child also has to supply their own stationery, for which a list is provided detailing exactly what is required each year. The cost of this can be between $100 and $200+ each year.
State school uniforms can be from around $200 upwards.

About a third of Australian children attend Private/Independent schools.
Private School Fees can start from about $800 per year, rising to $20,000+ per year, but some common figures are between $3,000 and $6,000 per year.

Hi glitzylife.
I'm permanent resident of Australia and by professiona electrical engineer & planing to move permanently to Australia. Can you tell me please if this company is hiring technical staff?
Right now I am in Middle East "Kuwait" and working with KOC.
my email: [email protected]
if possible please contact.
Regards,
Umair Saeed

We are on the same field. IT. When I moved to Melbourne, I was looking for tech related job but I end up on car transpo. Still happy to have found a job.