Full-Time Study + Part-Time Job in Malta

what is the status of your visa ? Tourist ? If so, cannot work

Hi donalday,

if you are a non-EU (third-country national) citizen you will require a work permit to work in Malta .

Check out the details that apply to your situation:

http://etc.gov.mt/etc-portal/page/3/ELU-Guidelines.aspx

The regulation for part-time work is :

Third country nationals may only work on a full-time basis, or on a part-time basis if such job enjoys a remuneration which is at least twice the minimum wage throughout the validity of the employment licence.

So it is not impossible but subject to rules.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for your comments,

My valid visa now is Type C for 2 years. However, I am going to apply for the extension of visa or make a new one in Malta for about 6 months in this June.  If this is ok, I dont know what kind of visa I have to apply for to be able to have a permit for part-time job( short term visa ?), and during the period of processing I can work or not? Because there are many available jobs now, I just try to catch one.

THanks so much

Hi donalday,

your visa does not have anything to do with working in Malta but you said first that it is valid until August 2014 and not 2 years? Norway is a Schengen country but not EU so you can travel to Malta and stay for up to 3 months as a resident of Norway. But you cannot work without a work permit - whether short-term or long-term.

In any case you will need to find an employer willing to apply for a work permit for you as a non-EU citizen seeking to work in Malta. It is subject to work market conditions . Read the ELU Guidelines.

Once you have a job and a work permit you have to apply for residency in Malta which is granted for as long as your job/workpermit states.During the processing time (up to 3 months) you are not allowed to work.

What is your nationality and what kind of job are you looking for?

Cheers
Ricky

donalday wrote:

My valid visa now is Type C for 2 years.

is that your visa for living in Norway ? If so, what passport do you have ?

I want to do MBA in Malta.  Am  I eligible to work part time? ?

No, not in the first year of studying.

Why do you want to do your MBA in Malta?

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks.  I want to do because the price is cheap. And mba is just one year. So can't I work either?  And what is the chance to get a professional job over there?  I choose because the official language is English.....

Hi mtanim,

as a non EU citizen ( Bangladesh) you are not allowed to work full or part-time during the first year of your studies.

The official languages in Malta are Maltese and English.

Finding a job in Malta as a non - EU citizen can be difficult. It depends on your qualifications and work experience. The usual situation is that after studying in Malta the foreign student has to leave the country as the residence permit is not extended.

I'm not sure if the fact that the course is cheap should be your main criteria.It should be value -for-money .

Cheers
Ricky

hey i am from nepal(Asia)
...i want to study in malta ,,,and i want to do part time job ...is it possible?????????

Hi bishal,

the answer is simply no. At least not during the first study year.

Cheers
Ricky

I want to school and work in Malta, the problem is I dnt know how to start. Pls can u help me. Am frm Nigeria. Do you have an idea of d fee? Can u pls help me  check hw much it wil cost to study pediatric medicine

Hi Mr Gibson,

the fee for a degree in Medicine for non-EU students is 26.000 € per academic year ( 2 semesters) and has to be paid within 2 weeks of starting the course. See the University web-site for more details:

http://www.um.edu.mt/

You have to apply with all your certificates and qualifications .

Cheers
Ricky

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Housing in Malta section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, I am planning for coming to malta for my study and work. Can you help me please for find a work?  Its my humble request.

Hi Everyone,

@ Gagandeep, i suggest you read the articles of the Living in Malta guide specially the jobs related ones so that you may gather a maximum information. Also, please, feel free to drop an advert in the Jobs in Malta section of the website.

All the best,
Bhavna

Sir I want to work in Malta for 2 months . Am currently in Italy.
Please contact me on ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Off-Topic! Have a look here : Housing in Malta