Buy a real estate in Morocco

Please, what are the procedures that a foreigner should undertake to buy a real estate in Morocco. Is there any reliable notary public, real estate professionals or a recognized international agent? what are the fees that one should pay? are there ways to adjust or get around certain fees and taxes? What is the time needed to buy the real estate?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Siham18,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Morocco forum for better visibility.

You may also have a look at this thread: Buying property in Morocco

I wish you good luck in your search.
Christine

Thank you so much Christine for your valuable help!

Thanks! I will contact those two companies. I am working for an American company which wants to invest its money in real estates. I am a little bit perplexed because some people say that they paid 6% and others say that they paid 7.5 % of the price of the real estate as fees. Is there any official authority which determines the fees?

Good luck dear !! those companies have their conditions !! u have just to find a good notary who'll take care of all things !! if u don't like those companies u'll find some people we called them ' SMASRIA '  But be carefull from those people !!!

If you look at my older post, the same link Christine pasted above, you would get some idea.

Dear shak4969,
What is the authority which determines the administrative fees that you indicated (7.5% to 8.5%). Is it something that depends on the negotiation with the notary public? I have found an article which adds other fees. does the notary start to ask for other fees when one engages with him?

Les Frais
Les droits et taxes liés à l'acquisition du bien immobilier sont dus par l'acquéreur. Les frais globaux de notaire et de droits de mutation et d'enregistrement s'élèvent à 6% de l'achat.
Droits pour les logements à usage d'habitation et les terrains non bâtis avec engagement de bâtir :
The Fees
    Droits d'enregistrement : 2,5 %
  Conservation foncière : 1 % + 150 DH (certificat de propriété)
  Taxe notariale : 0,5 %
  Honoraires du notaire : 1 %, avec minimum de perception de 2500 DH + T.V.A à 7 %
  Mise à jour des constructions à la conservation foncière (si nécessaire) : 0,5 % + 75 DH
  Frais divers (timbres…) : 1500 à 3 000 DH environ suivant les dossiers.
  Droits de publication + droits fixes + duplicata : 600 DH
  Droits sur la superficie : 45 DH par are entamé (zone urbaine) ; par hectare entamé (zone rurale)
  Géomètre : environ 3000 DH
  Autres frais (timbres…) : environ 1500 DH
Droits pour les locaux à usage commercial et les terrains non bâtis sans engagement de bâtir
    Droits d'enregistrement : 2,5 %
  Taxe notariale : 0,5 %
  Conservation foncière : 1 %
  Honoraires du notaire : 1 %, avec minimum de perception de 2500 DH + T.V.A à 7 %
  Frais divers (timbres…) : 2 000 DH environ.

Siham,

you say the company wants to invest in real estate. it's very broad. the fees depend on what kind of investement you are talking about. buying a house (pour usage habitation), buying a land in order to build apartment complex, touristic project....different fees, taxes, what have you for different projects. here's a link I found on a real estate website
atlasimmobilier.com/la-fiscalite-marocaine-3-1.html
you can just google (taxes immobilier maroc) and browse thru the sites to get an idea. that's what I do. I also read different PDF documents I dowload from different sites.

Dear shak4969,

Thank you so much for your valuable help. the link you sent me is very useful! I found also another useful website

morocco-property.com/index.asp

Thanks again

Anytime

I understand how difficult it may be for some americans to enter into the real estate world in Morocco, but since I am Moroccan but with an American mind set ( lived in US my entire life ) I thought maybe I can be of help. I speak arabic but english is my first language. I also am familiar with a huge new apt complex in Casablanca with very nice and new apt for sale.

If I can be of help, feel free to contact me [email protected]

saluma7 wrote:

I understand how difficult it may be for some americans to enter into the real estate world in Morocco, but since I am Moroccan but with an American mind set ( lived in US my entire life ) I thought maybe I can be of help. I speak arabic but english is my first language. I also am familiar with a huge new apt complex in Casablanca with very nice and new apt for sale.

If I can be of help, feel free to contact me [email protected]

Oh dear. You didn't seem to notice that the thread is well over 2 years old.

If you have a flat to sell, as an intermediary, perhaps you could advertise it in the classifieds section here or let us have the details (owner, phone number, price, location etc).

Hello, you are right I didnt notice the thread was 2 years ago! I am working for a wonderful family and one of their businesses is real estate. So i was just thinking maybe there are some Americans or Europeans who would be interested in real estate.

What do you do in Morocco?

I will check out the classifieds section.