Filipino Marriage in Saudi Arabia - I am muslim he is Christian

Hi. I am a Filipina and i want to get marrie to my longterm Filipino boyfriend here in Saudi Arabia. we are both working here in Saudi. the problem is I am a Muslim and he is a christian. can you help me about the procedures?
how long it will takes?

You can't get married here unless he becomes a Muslim (that's an Islamic rule, and I hope you know it).  And then you can get married in a Shariah Court.  For procedures, there is a long-running thread around here with the detailed procedures and instructions.  Search for it.  (but first, he has to convert, as I said)

the easy way is to marry a muslim guy.

:).

nomi88 wrote:

if u wont find any one . i m ready for it .

How generous of you!  Are you always in the habit of marrying complete strangers you have neither seen nor spoken to?

This is not a dating/matrimonial site, mister.

I think it is important for you to know as a Muslim woman you shouldn't be marrying anyone that is not Muslim.

Trapezius wrote:
nomi88 wrote:

if u wont find any one . i m ready for it .

How generous of you!  Are you always in the habit of marrying complete strangers you have neither seen nor spoken to?

This is not a dating/matrimonial site, mister.

i know well its not dating site. grow up pls, i was just kidding.

Hi arjieh...I think there's no problem in marrying a  christian guy as long as he is willing to be converted into Islam, by his own will, not only with the purpose of marrying you...he should embrace and accept islam heartely...good luck

Arjieh wrote:

Hi. I am a Filipina and i want to get marrie to my longterm Filipino boyfriend here in Saudi Arabia. we are both working here in Saudi. the problem is I am a Muslim and he is a christian. can you help me about the procedures?
how long it will takes?

It's an *Islamic* ruling for muslim woman not to marry a non-muslim man....and i need not throw further puns on what you were inquiring about from what the responses you've been getting about...
shariah court or makkamah....is not an option for you guys (if the guy is not willing to embrace Islam)...but how about trying for the (Philippine) embassy, and going through the normal *civil* wedding rites? I do not know if there's any rule in marrying two persons with different religion....right? So, go to the embassy, and apply for marriage....

But you better be prepared for consequences...i hope your family is just as understanding for your decision...  :gloria
goodluck...better tie the knot asap!

Since such a marriage would not be valid in Saudi, no Embassy will conduct such a marriage in Saudi.  Just think about it for a second... suppose the Embassy conducts the wedding.  OK, now how will the couple register their wedding with the Saudi authorities?!

Trapezius is right,

Embassies and Consulate Generals are well aware of rules and legalities, any embassy found involved in an un Islamic and hence against Shar'iah action will get into deep trouble.

If the marriage takes place in another country say Philippines, at the time of changing your status from your maiden status to  married , this problem will be highlighted. :kiss:

Hello Arji,

Even if you land in Saudi after getting married to a Christian male in Philippines, since this is an extremely sensitive issue in Shari'yh law and it is not some thing you will be able to hide for a long time.

Specially if you are offered a job in Mecca or Madinah as a muslima and the authorities discover the anomaly.

Remember the worst possible scenario: In Shari'yh , since the marriage between a muslim woman and Christian man is unlawful, and the consequences are beyond your wildest imaginations, I strongly recommend that you must not gamble with your ' necks' and consult a muslim shari'yh lawyer for professional advise. :dumbom:

There is no need to consult with any lawyer... what for?  It is simple: If she wants to get married to him and live in Saudi (or indeed, in many Muslim countries), he HAS to convert before they get married.  Whether he gets convinced, or converts for convenience, that's up to him/them, but officially, he has to be a Muslim before they can be husband and wife in this country.

You are both filipinos, why not get married in the Philippines?....then just come back to saudi as a happy married couple. Love knows no boundaries....in our country christian marrying muslim is acceptable in civil wedding as long as both parties are single....this will spare you from all the hassles.

I agree, Trapez is correct, i did not want to suggest that, I had heard of 'Marriage of convenience' but 'Religion of Convenience' hurts, we are all sensitive and emotional towards our beliefs!

Junsm's advise is workable , only if the couple decides to stay outside SA. , the choice is their's :thanks:

I know several cases where men have converted for convenience to be able to marry a Muslim woman.  It is not that rare, at least not globally.

Needless to say, those women are not religious at all and are just Muslims by name, but still, the men have had to convert to marry them.

Trapezius wrote:

Since such a marriage would not be valid in Saudi, no Embassy will conduct such a marriage in Saudi.  Just think about it for a second... suppose the Embassy conducts the wedding.  OK, now how will the couple register their wedding with the Saudi authorities?!

Dear, have you not heard of any marriages done here in KSA - aside from Makkamah (or as they say, via Shariah)? -
If not so, then it's like denouncing the rights of thousands of non-muslim couples-to-be  to get married...?

As for the guy to convert to Islam....well, he is persistent in courting the muslim woman....so, he better not be stubborn!

Philippine Embassy marriages are legal...applicants (couples) apply for marriage, get some system checks to see if they are really singles, got the permit, got the married, sign contracts, and this will be recorded in the Phil. registry and embassy, they'll get it attested by the Foreign Affairs, also by the Saudi Embassy, etc. If if have not stated it clear...it is something like that!  :whistle:

For those who converts to Islam just to marry a woman, there is always the saying (hadith) that says (Something like) :  During the migration (hijra), it is rumored that a man joins the migration just because of a girl...(he wants to marry someone, but that girl is a muslim and going to madinah from makkah)...so whoever migrated for the sake of Allah, will gain his reward (that is forgiveness of his sins and all other perks in it ;) ), and whoever migrated just to marry a woman, will got his reward.

Arjieh wrote:

how long it will takes?

Arjieh, my estimate is, probably not more than 9 months...!

Popolocroix wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

Dear, have you not heard of any marriages done here in KSA - aside from Makkamah (or as they say, via Shariah)? -
If not so, then it's like denouncing the rights of thousands of non-muslim couples-to-be  to get married...?

As for the guy to convert to Islam....well, he is persistent in courting the muslim woman....so, he better not be stubborn!

Philippine Embassy marriages are legal...applicants (couples) apply for marriage, get some system checks to see if they are really singles, got the permit, got the married, sign contracts, and this will be recorded in the Phil. registry and embassy, they'll get it attested by the Foreign Affairs, also by the Saudi Embassy, etc. If if have not stated it clear...it is something like that!  :whistle:

That's if both parties are non-Muslim.

Any party where the man is Muslim but the woman is not, the marriage MUST take place in a Shariah court, no consulate/embassy will hold such a wedding, they will direct you to a Shariah court.

And any party where the man is non-Muslim but the woman is Muslim, is illegal in this country, and no consulate/embassy will officiate such a marriage, because the marriage will bot be recognized by the host country, SA in this case.

Even you will get married with a Christian guy in Philippines. You will get problems of re-entry in Saudi Arabia with this kind of Marriage. Because this is not acceptable rule in Islam.

Hai
Please Contact Mr Naushd ( For advise ) 0506828535 after 30 th

Its not allow Muslim women do marriage with other not allows in islam

Thank you for your response guys.
sorry, i forget to indicate there that this man is already converted to islam not because he just want to marry me but it is heartily decision of him. but since he did not yet get his certificate indicating that he is already a muslim, that's why i put there he is a non-muslim. i know it is unlawful to marry a non-muslim and i am not willing also to leave my religion. but fortunately, i was bless since he is coming with us because i always pray it to Allah.

Actually my question is the process of getting married, the possible papers/requirements needed. we are both single eversince. just here we are planning to settle down since we are both stable.

Arjieh wrote:

Thank you for your response guys.
sorry, i forget to indicate there that this man is already converted to islam not because he just want to marry me but it is heartily decision of him. but since he did not yet get his certificate indicating that he is already a muslim, that's why i put there he is a non-muslim. i know it is unlawful to marry a non-muslim and i am not willing also to leave my religion. but fortunately, i was bless since he is coming with us because i always pray it to Allah.

Actually my question is the process of getting married, the possible papers/requirements needed. we are both single eversince. just here we are planning to settle down since we are both stable.

Kabayan,

May Allah guide us and give us more blessings in this world and in the hereafter! I'm a reverted Muslim for almost 3 years now. I don't want to scare u or whatsoever, but let me just tell u a short sad story, I've had a friend so close to me who got married to a convert man, they're both filipinos too. The relationship didn't last for a year, ¬ even having the marriage licence approved sinced the father of the girl had to sign for the approval/consent letter that were sent to the Phils. before they could conduct the marriage in makhama w/c is a requirement. So what they did coz they can't wait to take it any longer they pursue the marriage first conducted by an ustadh but sadly just when she was about to gave birth & before the approval arrived they broke up as in divorced.

As per the requirements from the makhama, ur fiance has to get the Islamic certificate in dawah that'll take only at least a 3 weeks for the process, or u can go to makhama ofc & get the requirements. But I'm not sure if they're still as strict just like before since ur born muslimah, perhaps u need a wali or a consent letter from ur father if he's not available here in KSA.

^

I don't see how that is relevant?  People get divorced all the time.  Was the divorce BECAUSE of the fact that the husband converted to Islam?  If not, your story is completely irrelevant.

I'm not generalizing but some people I know from my country are only using the religion just to get the women they wan't to marry tha'ts why a lot of cases of divorce in those type because of the lack of commitment.

^ I see, thanks for clarifying.

I don't think my story is irrelevant unless the one who ask for an advice would say that so. Did i not even contribute any advice then? I think my post is even more helpful to her for me having the experienced who married in makhama I think i should've known better.

thanks for the advice kabayan.
but this guy i've known for 4 years. i will just pray to god that this guy will not change.
yes, we already ask the consent letter from my parents. and it is already approved.
in sha allah, we will not be the same fate just like your friends.

mama_ruth wrote:

I don't think my story is irrelevant unless the one who ask for an advice would say that so. Did i not even contribute any advice then? I think my post is even more helpful to her for me having the experienced who married in makhama I think i should've known better.

So, mama ruth - how is the relationship going? - in ayway similar to that story of your friend?

IMO, as a muslimah giving an advice to another muslimah, I have to give the best of my knowledge based upon what we muslims are being taught of in line from our faith. To show compassion & empathy towards the one whose seeking the advice. I'm only giving an example from what I have known & what might be happening in the future, if one is not being careful nowadays after all the decision is hers. This isn't about minding ur own business when ur living in a an islamic society. Everybody is responsible for everyone. So, that's it!

Arjieh wrote:

thanks for the advice kabayan.
but this guy i've known for 4 years. i will just pray to god that this guy will not change.
yes, we already ask the consent letter from my parents. and it is already approved.
in sha allah, we will not be the same fate just like your friends.

All the best for your marriage sis! In Sha Allah, things will be smooth. Don't worry sis, ur fate is written on u not for anybody else...

they said "Getting married is easy, but staying married is always hard"... Just always keep the heat up... always think of new things to spice up the union... make surprises and go beyond the realm... there's always something/part untouched in every person and that you need to discover as his lifetime partner. . just always bring out the kid in you and share that with him..enjoy...laugh laugh laugh.. Best Wishes!

Thank u bro.

sheene wrote:

they said "Getting married is easy, but staying married is always hard"... Just always keep the heat up... always think of new things to spice up the union... make surprises and go beyond the realm... there's always something/part untouched in every person and that you need to discover as his lifetime partner. . just always bring out the kid in you and share that with him..enjoy...laugh laugh laugh.. Best Wishes!

thank you sheene..

Nice words and eye opener. Happy married life to all

"Getting married is easy, but staying married is always hard".  I like this line too and if I may add to it.

...and moving out of the marriage is much harder"  :rolleyes:

Hello. I would like to ask if getting married here in saudi will also be valid when i get home at philippines?
Is it only valid here in saudi? Thanks.

Edds wrote:

Hello. I would like to ask if getting married here in saudi will also be valid when i get home at philippines?
Is it only valid here in saudi? Thanks.

Perhaps contact the Philippines Embassy for the information.
I would guess that the marriage would need to be registered with them.

Sister/If your boy friend ready to convert islam its ok,But at first must convert islam from his deeply heart.If not it is totally Haaraam.And after this if you marry its called Zeenah.
"BISMILLA AL RAHMAN AL RAHEEM!
ENNAL KHAMRA WAL MAYSERA WA AL ANSAB WA AL AZLAM KOOLLOO REJSEN MIN AMAL-E- SHAITAN."
AL KHAMAR (AL CHOLIC BEAR) And Gambling And RELATION WITH NON HALAL TYPE AND PRAY TO ANOTHER GOD NOT Allah every things are devils job and its haaraam.
So if you can tell him convert islam at first.Other wise Tata Bye Bye.
Jazak Allah Khair.

Hello dakhoon1980,

Thank you for sharing your information with us on the forum.

Kindly note that you should post only in English on the anglophone forum and please do not post in capital letters on the forum..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen