Tinting Windows and Film coating on Car for Protection

I hear its a must to get a film coated on the Car to protect paint etc. Also want to tint the windows. Anybody knowing about any good deals on this? What should I expect to pay for this?

Yes, film coating will protect paint.

For tinting, please go for a very mild one for front windows and wind screen. Do check with them if the one you are getting is LEGAL? Back windows and screen can be as dark as coal; don't worry :)

There are many workshops on Khurais road; 3M, Johnson, Ziebart etc. Do checkout what discount options are applicable. For example, 3M will offer 25% discount if your insurance is from NCCI.

Window tinting will start from 1,200 SAR approx.

(Moderated)

[Moderated]

I am also looking for my vehicle, anybody have suggestions.  SR 1200 is bit costlier for me.

1200 SAR just for tinting?? LOL
I dont need a golden film.. in my country it costs about 50 SAR

rkla wrote:

I am also looking for my vehicle, anybody have suggestions.  SR 1200 is bit costlier for me.

Go to any local car market, like Bani Malek in Jeddah, and get your windows tinted (non-branded film) for SR. 150 - 500

kom340 wrote:

50 sar tinting is also available here in ksa...but dear,  you pay 50, and you get what you paid for...so, basically, other than the price, you don't know the difference bet. a 1,200 sar tint from a 50 sar one.  :huh:

If you are in Riyadh, you can get a quality tint for 100-150 from Ghurabi beside Batha.

Ask for the American Quality, not taiwan or korea. It lasts around 4-5 years

Same place you can have your car front end covered with protective film. Most prices range what areas you want to cover, Normally front end protection costs 300-500. But i would recommend not to use such films, they degrade the paint quality due to high temperature and direct sunlight. If you really must do it you rather should go for the expensive ones , 1500-2500 as they have a high quality and quarantee. No shading of paint , no peel etc. Best brands include Drive7, ImJohnson, 3M etc.

Popolocroix wrote:
kom340 wrote:

50 sar tinting is also available here in ksa...but dear,  you pay 50, and you get what you paid for...so, basically, other than the price, you don't know the difference bet. a 1,200 sar tint from a 50 sar one.  :huh:

Ok, you tell me, whats the big difference?

kom340 wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:
kom340 wrote:

Ok, you tell me, whats the big difference?

Anyone here who have a car and sports that 'golden' film (tint) can tell the BIG difference in QUALITY of the film...50 sar tints dont lasts long, and probably blinds you at dark, does not reduce the heat, etc.
I could tell because i tried that 50 sar tint before  :D

go to www.cobone.com they usually have deals running for sr. 600 to 800 (~50% off).

i got mine from there for sr. 800, original price was sr. 1,500.