Job opportunities for Womens - which field can they work ?

Hi,

please pour some light over the subject, what are the ares where women can work in KSA other than teaching & Nursing

Yes, please do! I'm American looking for a job in Saudia.  I know that the visa application process is very difficult, but I would prefer something in business or hospitality as my experience would suggest :)

Thank you Hannoni ..good luck to you
What about those women who come across to KSA as dependants(Family Visa) .Is it possible for them to work?

yes, it's possible, and usually a lot easier when you're already inside the country.

Need work

Right but how do you get in when you're single and American? All of my visas get denied because I don't have mahram...

to work you do not need a mahram, to study - you do

Suggest you try the ARAMCO web site.  They hire single foreign women as I understand.  You might get lucky with them.

This is a good question.  I am even a very qualified nurse and it is so hard to understand the process of finding work and learning about life in Saudi. I have contacted agencies, but I hear of potential interviews but so far nothing.  In the US I am considered highly qualified, I get calls and offers as instructor and have many years in my field of nursing as well as while being relatively young I have a terminal degree.  I would come with my spouse and children, but I just do not hear anything from Saudi Arabia.   I am wondering also how women do exercise here.  I love running marathons and it appears I would have to leave the country for any race, but seems like fitness centers for indoor running are even off limits unless available on a compound?

first thing that comes to mind after reading you post is - your age? if you're in the 50s it becomes harder. There is a woman here ( on the blog)  that just got recruited to work as a nurse in Makkah - maybe she can direct you as to where you can apply.

gyms are available for women and they do not have to be on a compound.

YSKDEV wrote:

Thank you Hannoni ..good luck to you
What about those women who come across to KSA as dependants(Family Visa) .Is it possible for them to work?

It's very easy to find job to your wife since you are inside the country, but be careful my friend, you have to transfer her sponsorship to the new employer because the Saudi labor code does not allow dependents to work, both the company that hire dependent and the dependent will be under punishment, so please think wisely in this step.

Regards,

Ahmed

hannooni wrote:

Right but how do you get in when you're single and American? All of my visas get denied because I don't have mahram...

No need to have mahram since you are coming with a working visa

I understand but when I speak to people at the ministry of labor they tell me that being single is a huge detriment for me as a woman trying to obtain a working visa.

hannooni wrote:

I understand but when I speak to people at the ministry of labor they tell me that being single is a huge detriment for me as a woman trying to obtain a working visa.

I have been informed from a female friend working here alone that for a single female there is no problem but for a married female just need her husband approval to work in Saudi as part of the documents to have the working visa

No, being single is not a detriment... There are plenty of women that go oversees single. There is a breakdown in information somewhere. In any case, you need to find an employer who will sponsor you; upon doing so, you can start your process with your visa.

rareshine wrote:

No, being single is not a detriment... There are plenty of women that go oversees single. There is a breakdown in information somewhere. In any case, you need to find an employer who will sponsor you; upon doing so, you can start your process with your visa.

What's wrong in my comment :)

I said for singles there is NO problem at all to have a working visa and come to  Saudi Arabia without mohrem, for married ONLY she have to submit her husband approval " may be for non-arab or non-muslim " its different 

Regards,

Ahmed

@ hannooni

Being single female won't be a hindrance in getting Saudi work permit. There are many single ladies working around. In the worst case, your employer can also process Business work visa for you.

Good Luck,
Engr. Muhammad Hussain | M.K.H Consultancy Services

Thanks everyone - sorry, I guess I am just getting various information streams that are causing problems for me personally. 

I'm going to first find an open position and then proceed through the visa process.

Thanks for everyone's responses and help!

Hi everyone..
i have settled in Riyadh with my husband. i want to know what are necessary requirements for expats wife to get a job (document wise). i want to start  ajob and i want to be sure if any documents or degrees need attestation from pakistan in case i get the job. can someone give me whole details. i dont want to linger on in case my docs do not have required attestations from Pak.
what is the best way to apply in universities?

Hello Madiha Assalamo alakum,

Welcome to Saudi Arabia and EB.

Since your question is slightly different than the main heading, I wish you had started a new thread with your specific query to invite maximum response.

As far as qualifications are concerned, the Saudi job industry recognizes initially British and American Universities and Institutions. There are also a lot of Pakistanis with Pakistan's Chartered Accountants and Doctors and surgeons at very senior positions.

For business economics and banking, employers are aware of the high standard of LUMS and IBA.   

Before coming to .KSA the most important step is to get all your transcripts attested and verified from Higher Education Commission HEC  the  arabic translation and attestation from Saudi High Commission will not be possible since for this they will require an employment offer first.

Even I would be happy if am into a job... Am an Indian, a Software Engineer(B.Tech) basically with 5 yrs experience in Web Application Development and currently doing MBA in Media/Advertising on distance. I am on visit visa and residing in Al Jubail, will there be any opportunity for me anywhere in KSA be it teaching or anything related to my experience!

thank you for response...
I am currently residing in KSA and i have M.phil degree in mass communication,

Hello Joies,

Myself vaisakh, working at Al-khobar. The question you asked is well said to me as I also bringing my wife to KSA she is  a B-tech graduate in IT.The search continues, and will inform any relevant information regard to this.If any other in the blog can help us to give the detail exactly under this subject it is highly welcome.

Sure Vaishakh :) I have been working in IT field for an American company after coming here on freelance and post completion of that project, I was into content writing and got job in Mariya International School as a teacher, but couldnt continue further as rules in Saudi were getting stricter for visit visa people and also the school didn't provide the visa as they promised durin interview and hence had to stop. Went to India on a vacation and now back and bored of solitudeness. Badly, wish to do something interesting other than cooking and maintainin the house :D Will definitely keep u posted!

Well I'm on visit visa too, hailing from Kuwait and B.com degree holder got plan to work in future. Want to know is it easy to transfer family visa to working visa or shall I travel directly on working visa in here?
Thanks,

[moderated: pls post your advert in the designated section here ---> Jobs please]