Document need to be legalized. - marrying in brazil -

Hello sir , I am working in Norway at the moment and if I want to get Marry in brazil what i have to do ? I mean which papers I have to get with me ?
Thanks
Anurag

Hello Anurag,

The process is explained completely in the following posting:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280525

It will not be easy for you because unfortunately Brazil makes it much more difficult for citizens of India and Pakistan to obtain visas than for those from any other countries. They impose requirements that are not necessary for citizens of most other countries to comply with. It is not fair, but sadly it is legal.

In order to obtain a VITUR Tourist Visa you will need to first hope that you will be able to obtain a 90 day visa, which rarely is issued to citizens of India and Pakistan; or you simply will not have sufficient time in order to get married here. You will in ANY case need to have ALL of your documents for marriage and the subsequent VIPER Permanent Visa application ready and in perfect order BEFORE you come to Brazil.

For information about visa requirements see the following:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/pt-br/tourist_visa_(vitur).xml

Good luck to you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hello sir , I have been to brazil on visit visa and they give me for 72 days visa and it's was in 2006 do you think it's will be difficult for me to get visa again ?

Was your other visa a VITUR Tourist Visa or was it some other category of visa like Student or Business Visa?

If you were able to obtain a VITUR Visa in the past then that is a relatively good indictor that you would be able to receive another, but it is no guarantee since each application is judged on its own and usually by different visa issuing officers, all of whom have their own way of looking at things.

Go ahead and try, that's really all you can do. Hope for the best that you get a 90 day validity and remember if necessary you can apply to extend the visa at the Policia Federal here towards the end of your stay.

Cheers,

Hello sir , how I am going to know if that visa was VITUR ? It written VISTO turista and it's was for 62 days sorry my previous message I wrote 72 days .

It is a VITUR then,  VI= visto  TUR= turista. So, if you got one before you SHOULD be able to get a new one.

Hello zahir muhammad,

First you have to find a Brazilian woman who wants to marry you, then read the following topic posting:

But please, don't do that here because......

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg

Cheers,

Hello sir i have one question I want to get marry in brazil and if I am apply for tourists visa and taking all my papers to brazil embassy for legalized did they know my intention to travel to brazil  ( not for tourists  but married ) did they deny my entry at port of entry ?
Thanks
Anurag

Hello Anuragamb,

No, they won't refuse you entry because it is your intention to marry, you have the legal right to marry in Brazil if you enter the country legally and your other documents are in order. They can't just say, no you can't come in because you are going to get married.

This DOES NOT mean that you couldn't be refused entry into Brazil for some other reason, such as travel documents that are not in order, an existing criminal record, etc.

However, you will still require a return ticket (or outbound ticket to some other country that you have a visa to enter or can enter under the Visa Waiver Program) that is dated for the expiry date of your current visa. This is a requirement for everyone entering Brazil.

Cheers,

Hi sir I have another question I am looking for advise . As you know I am Indian passport holder and I am living and working in Norway  and you also know that I want to get married in brazil . For that I have to get some paper legalized in Brazilian embassy in India and take with me to brazil.
Here is the question can I apply for brazil visa here in Norway before I travel to India or I can apply when I am back from India what is the good thing I can do in this situation ? I am allow to apply brazil visa there is Norway I think that is not a problem.
Thanks

Yes, you can apply for the VITUR Tourist Visa at the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Norway, that is no problem at all. Your application will be treated in EXACTLY the same manner as it would be in India and you will have to meet ALL the same requirements for that visa that any Indian citizen must meet.

I'm sure that if you have read any of my other postings about visas then you are already aware that the Brazilian government makes it much more difficult for citizens of India and Pakistan to obtain all category of visas than it is for citizens of any other nations. The requirements are much more cumbersome.

Also, do not be surprised if on your first ever application for a VITUR that you do not get a 5 year visa that allows a 90 day stay (extendable by another 90 days). Generally visa officers will not grant this kind of visa until the applicant has made one successful trip to Brazil and returned to their point of origin. You will likely receive a "one time use only" visa that allows only a 30 day visit on your very first application. THIS WOULD NOT GIVE YOU SUFFICIENT TIME TO GO THROUGH THE MARRIAGE PROCESS IN BRAZIL. Not even if all of the necessary documents were ready and in perfect order when you arrive in this country.

If I were in your position, rather than risk getting a visa that wouldn't permit me to get married in time - I would strongly consider the possibility of having my future bride come to where I am and get married there if possible. Then you could register the foreign marriage at the Consulado-Geral do Brasil where the marriage took place and either apply for your VIPER Permanent Visa there, or come to Brazil on a VITUR Tourist Visa and apply for the VIPER here immediately upon arrival. In either case it is necessary to have all the required documents ready before you apply for the visa.

Thanks for your message .i have once in brazil and come back successfully within visa limit . And of you can tell me what I need to do when I go there I can just apply what dacument I have to prepare way before I goto brazil so I will not loose my time there and get the everything proper ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what documents you are asking about... for a VITUR Tourist Visa, Marriage process or what?

I mean which dacument I have to take with me ? So I did not loose the time and also if it's possible my future wife can apply for marriage permission ? even I am not there if yes than what I have to do for that .

If you know what dacument they require for vitur visa ?

No, I don't think your future wife can apply for the "Habilitação de Casamento" without you present, but provided that ALL the documents and they're in perfect order, a lawyer can. The documents that you require for the marriage process and the subsequent VIPER Permanent Visa process are clearly outlined in the following topic thread:

Regarding the VITUR Tourist Visa application you can apply for it at the Consulado-Geral do Brasil nearest where you live, but you must meet all the requirements for citizens of India no matter where you apply. To find out the requirements see the following page from the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourist_visa_(vitur).xml

Hello sir I hope you doing well . I have one more question . I have called to brazil embassy here Oslo Norway and I tell them that I am Indian passport holder and want to go to brazil for visit my friend so what is requirement for Indian to get tourist visa for 30 days .
He give me very strange answer he told me that brazil and India have very good diplomatic relationship so you don't need visa to go to brazil as tourist for 90 days. But When I check the embassy website I never see that kind of information that Indian don't need visa  . So I asked one is my friend from brazil he live in Norway if he can speak in Portuguese may be he can reply more proper answer but he give the same information that Indian passport holder don't need visa to go to brazil as a tourist for 90 days.
Sir I want to know do you have any this kind information that Indian don't need tourist visa for brazil ?

Whoever told you that you don't need a visa for Brazil was absolutely wrong. Perhaps they were confused because you were asking about Brazilian visas in Norway which does not require them, but regardless of where you may be living if you're an Indian citizen (and don't have any secondary citizenship) you will need to apply for a visa and meet all the requirements of any other citizen of India.

See the following link to the VITUR Tourist Visa page of the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai for requirements:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourist_visa_(vitur).xml