Invitation letter from GHANA to enter ACCRA AIRPORT immigration

Hi All,

Can any one please let me know, if any passenger carrying an Invitation letter to Accra Airport without visa stamped in his Passport will it be accepedted by the immigration police to stamp tourist entry VISA at the airport ? How much will be VISA fee and for how many days can be stayed ?
Thanks.

Saeedmdali
email: [email protected]
Dhaka

I know you can get a 90 day visa at the airport but don't know how much it costs or what the requirements are. To get a visa via the immigration department you need proof that you can support yourself while in Ghana and an address where you will be staying plus a couple of sponsors. You also need a yellow fever certificate.

I remember when i came in ghana airport,i paid 150 US Dollar for the visa,actually i don't know if the price is the same and hav been updated.So if you want to stay ,you can also apply for  a resident permit
Thanks

Hi there its very simple and easy they will ask for money its about 100 usd and they will give u a visa for 60 days. but don't forget to have the vaccination.

Hi,

We are planning to visit Ghana as tourist in this month of Jan 2014. I have two more friends with me. One local businessman will send us the invitation letter. He said that we need to pay US$ 350 for each person at the airport immigration for the visa to be stamped at the airport. The local company will pay US$ 150, because we will evaluate future business prospect in Ghana. So it means, now it will cost $US 500 per person to get visa stamped at the airport immigration. We will have a good hotel booking and sufficient cash to stay for a week in the hotel and other expenses. We have already certificate of Yellow fever with each of us. Will that be all Ok to get tourist VISA stamped at the ACCRA airport mmigration ?

Saeedmdali
[email protected]

Good day. If I may ask , where are you coming from? Which country international passport do you have with you? Mail me @ [email protected] . All those will determine if you can obtain a visa at port of entry or obtain one before coming to ghana.

Hi Litho007

My partners and I are the 3 persons will be coming from Dhaka, Bangladeshto visit Ghana. Two companies are offering us invitation letters to inspect their product. We will also go arround ACCRA to see other business possibility in a drive to visit several west African countries. Do you think the Accra airport immigration will give us on arrival tourist visa ? Or do we need a visa from any neighboring country such as India? We do not have Ghana Embassy in our country. Also to get Indian visa we need  to wait for a month or so, because of  long queue of visa applicants. We were planning since last January to visit Accra, but and until my partners are not ready yet.  Thanks.

saeedmdali
Dhaka, Bangladesh

It would appear that you require a visa to come to Ghana, the Ghana immigration website is http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/visa_info.htm . It seems there is no Ghana embassy in Bangladesh, it appears you have to use the services of the Ghana embassy in India, see here http://www.ghana-mission.co.in/. Why not contact the embassy direct for advice. Hopefully some Bangladesh national can reply on the forum with their experience. All the best.

Hi,
One company dealing export business in Accra, had been inviting us since long time, recently he sent a message to me as follows:

" I will email you cable visa, so you can use and buy ticket and on your arrival we will issue you an entry visa at the port of entry in Accra International airport Ghana.
Please kindly confirm and also you will resend me the passport copies. "

Does any one knows about what does mean of " cable visa " ? And if we buy airline ticket then we need confirmation of PNR at ACCRA by the concerned airline, so airline will give boarding pass at the point of embarking on  the flight. On our arrival the exporter will issue entry visa as said above. We are new in this protocol. Can any one explain the above matter please?
Thanks.

saeedmdali
Dhaka, Bangladesh
email: [email protected]
12 Mar 2014

Don't mind him, I all make enquiries for you just give me time