OMG! It's DEJA-VU, ALL OVER AGAIN...!!!!!

Allbeit 3-0 is not as BAD as 7-1, but....

and the wheels on the bus goes round and round.....

:lol:

I'm truly IN SHOCK! So I can only imagine the BRAZILIANS! I know my partner is SPEECHLESS. And I SAW the astonished, anguished faces of the Brazilians in the crowd. It was once again painful to watch and witness. I thought after that other FIASCO, the team would come out FIGHTING, but instead they were either still in shock or (as many Olympian hopefuls sadly do) felt that, if they lost first place, third meant nothing to them, and so they had NO INCENTIVE. Gee, wouldn't you THINK that REDEEMING yourself SOMEWHAT after that last game ALONE would be incentive ENOUGH?? Guess not.

Whatever happened though, I think it's very safe to say that, come NEXT World Cup, there will be MANY new team members in the Brazil team.

Actually, Brazilians I know in Fortaleza are quite happy it finished in disaster. Middle-high class people were thinking that brazilian team success would increase chance of PT re-election.

Without Neymar they are pretty crap as a team... very unfit against Germans and not committed to winning.

jaustral, yes, "crap" just abut covers it. I saw Neymar there on the sidelines today whereas I don't know if he was there during the 7-1 defeat, but apparently his presence and support made little difference.

And, Barmadu, that's interesting. Meanwhile, I only had the faces of the people in the crowd (and my partner's reaction and disappointment) to go by. But that's interesting to know.

For all those of you who were hoping to see a football/soccer match, we regret to inform you that the Brazilian National Team decided to take the day off... or so it would seem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  :sosad:

Should have took my own advice and stayed home yesterday  :dumbom:

What a bloody waste of time.. :sleep