How to go about getting a licence plate for a moto in Siem Reap

Hello there, first post here so go easy on me but I'm teaching English in siem reap and have a seen a few honda mopeds  on road 6 some (in fact a lot) don't have number plates with them? Is this a sure sign to stay away ? I have seen a really cool one and bartered down to 350 but the number plate and reading this post has made me slightly cautious.. I was told that a number plate cost around 20$ ? Any thoughts? 

Thanks for any help you can give 

Kr's

Dan

The moto's without number plates are waiting for the plates to be made I have the same for a new scoopy I just bought for my wife. If you have found a moto for that cheap and it has no plate then you need to dive deeper on the info. Has the tax been paid ? You won't get a plate unless it has failure to pay it and risk of Police they will quite happily take it off you. It sounds like an import to me. Moto's are very expensive here a new Honda dream is now $1950 for example Registering it and getting a plate well it costs $23 for a Cambodian it used to be $17 and up to $55 for a Westerner. Anyway I hope the info is helpful :)

Jake

i am in the process of doibg that .getting a numberplate for ly impory honda click.there is an officee called 3window office.if the paperwork is done they can provide the plate but you have to wait about 2 months.never buy a moto import if the guy cant get the papers.they give two prices 1 xich you mook for the paperz and 1 all in.take the second one even if it is some hundreds od $more.

the today motors on road n6 are ok normally .ask if they have the papers.then the plate will follow