Job Opportunites in Australia

Calling all Engineers (especially Mechanical) and Draftspersons (all disciplines) overseas looking for opportunities in Australia. 

If you have mining experience or oil and gas experience please contact me via this forum.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with the right experience and qualifications.

Kind regards
Lorraine Bosman

Hello Lorraine Bosman,

Kindly post your advert on the Australia classifieds page, category>Jobs.

Thanks

Hi Lorraine

I see you are looking for experienced oil and gas [ersons/
What kind of experience is required by you for the jobs at hand?

Regards

Shawn Weber

Hi Shawn,

For the oil and gas positions lots of brownfields experience.  I also need a senior subsea engineer urgently.

Otherwise anything from 5 years and up.

Kind regards
Lorraine

Hey all I am thinking of moving to Canberra for a year and was hoping to teach while I was there.  I have a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Alberta.  Have taught high school social studies and phys ed.  If you have any ideas on how to find out information about teaching in Canberra please let me know

Hi Lorraine,
what email address can i send my CV to?
Kind regards
Greg Sneeden

Hello Lorraine,

My name is Loh.
I would like to migrate to Australia
in near future and am looking for a job
there now.
Please do advice on how to apply
for the opening that you mentioned.

Thank you.
Please reply to

[email protected]

Hello

I am from Tunisia,I have 33 yers old,I have 10 years experience with Mining Company in tunisia ( heavy haul Truck OPERATOR/195 TON IN THE OPENCASTLE/ and i have good experience heavy duty mechanics in the mines. i would like to find a job in Australia.my email address ([email protected])

Hi!

Miss Lorraine Bosman

My name is Mauricio Ibacache Coldrey, I have 4 years of experience in the geophysics area, specifically, as a  BOREHOLE SURVEY OPERATOR in the mining sector.

I would like to apply to this job through the 457 Visa Sposorship, if it's possible, I can start to working in a basic job, If you give me that chance.

I would like to sending my RESUMÉ, if you give me your e-mail, because I have intentions to move out to australia, it always has been mi goal.

I am bilingual (I studied 3 years in Chicago, USA), I have immediate availability and I am willing to relocate, and develop all my skills and abilities..

Hoping that this e-mail is received and sending to the right people for this type of application

Waiting for your prompt response,

Best regards

Sincerely,

MAURICIO E. IBACACHE

Lozzie65 wrote:

Calling all Engineers (especially Mechanical) and Draftspersons (all disciplines) overseas looking for opportunities in Australia. 

If you have mining experience or oil and gas experience please contact me via this forum.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with the right experience and qualifications.

Kind regards

Lorraine Bosman

Hi Lorraine

Busy with my paperwork to migrate to Australia and I want to find out if Perth is the place to find a mining draftsman job these days ( heard stories that many  drafties without jobs after the mining boom slowed down ) or should I shoot to another city and give the market time to return to normal,  just returned from the DRC and Zambia after working in the mining industry as a Civil Design Draftsman for the last 10 years so have the working experience and familiar with FIFO?

If you can help me out in securing a interview I am willing to fly over for that or any help / advice will be much appreciated!

Brahm Drafter wrote:

Hi Lorraine

Busy with my paperwork to migrate to Australia and I want to find out if Perth is the place to find a mining draftsman job these days ( heard stories that many  drafties without jobs after the mining boom slowed down ) or should I shoot to another city and give the market time to return to normal,  just returned from the DRC and Zambia after working in the mining industry as a Civil Design Draftsman for the last 10 years so have the working experience and familiar with FIFO?

If you can help me out in securing a interview I am willing to fly over for that or any help / advice will be much appreciated!

Welcome to Expat.com.
This is a really old thread you are posting on. 

WA has the most mining jobs going at the moment followed by Queensland. There are many expat SA living and working in WA, especially in the mining game. The boom has leveled off now and the price of iron ore is fluctuating so not too much work around for draughtsman or anyone.

Mining companies now only want people who reside in WA for any fly in fly out positions. I live in Queensland and despite having worked in WA I cannot get a job there because I reside in Qld. 

Try this website as it has mining jobs for Australia and overseas on it.  www.seek.com.au  Read the advertisements carefully as now they ask that you have the right to live and work in Australia written in the ad, so you must have your visa organized first. It is a bit more than just flying over for an interview. I had a good SA friend, a tradesman, who was here for 6 months and despite sitting exams to change his trade tickets to Oz tickets he did not get a job.

Taxes are high here in Oz as is cost of living. For cost of living www.numbeo.com  You could do a Goggle search for SA clubs or communities in Perth and make contact with them for information.

Unemployment is rising and we have the 4th most expensive economy in the developed world, the highest priced real estate in the world and the 6th highest taxed country.

Sorry to sound negative but that is the reality. You could also Google draughtsman jobs in WA and see what comes up. Contact the headhunters and see how things pan out. Good luck.

Seems I need to wait it out till the market picks up again as the risk bit too big at the moment to move country.

Thanks for the insight Stumpy and have a great day!

Brahm Drafter wrote:

Seems I need to wait it out till the market picks up again as the risk bit too big at the moment to move country.

Thanks for the insight Stumpy and have a great day!

Hate to be negative yet again but the market will not pick up for a long time. The boom is over. WA is geared to iron ore and when the price drops jobs go. Price is well down at $89 a ton. Was running at $130 so you can see what affect this has on the economy here. Manufacturing costs for iron ore can be up to $70 or more a ton 

There is talk of the coal industry cranking up over here in Qld so maybe keep an eye out for possible work there.

I am Lukman from Ghana. I want to find out if I can still apply the job without experience. Especially if coaching can be given to the interested persons

@Mohammed Lukman

Hello and welcome !

Please note that this post is outdated (2011)

If you are looking for a job, please find recent adverts in the Jobs in Australia section of the website. I strongly recommend that you create your CV in the Jobs section for better exposure.

all the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed