Work Permit Question !

Hi Members,

I am currently about to attend a Job Interview in Oslo for which I am planning my travel for. I am quite confident that I will score the job, considering the fact that I have been referred for it by a fellow colleague. My question is:

I seem to have one problem. I spent some time working in Denmark as well, and received a warning from the local police for not paying a fine well in time before leaving the country (received a letter stating 'communicative warning' and my name to it). Should I mention this to my employer when he is applying for my employment and while signing a contract ?

if someone could please advice on whether this could affect my work permit application, do the Norwegian Pplice have strong ties to the Police from Denmark. And if my warning shows up, would I have an opportunity to explain myself ? Eager to know and looking for some advice please ?

It is very unlikely that an unpaid fine in Denmark will lead to a job permit refused in Norway. Only criminal convictions are shared by Police / justice in the Nordics

AuNordDuMonde,

Thanks very much for your reply, as I may have guessed the same but it still bothers me that I left a tiny hitch in Denmark. I have traveled quite extensively and never before have I let something like this go by without notice. Thanks once again

If you paid the fine late, you will be part of a large club. As long as you paid, the Norwegian police won't even bat an eyelash.