Been offered a job in Puchong area

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Let me introduce myself - My name is Amit and I am a supply chain and Logistics professional working in India. I have 7+ years of experience. I am a married guy without child. Beside my wife, I have my mother in my family.

I have been offered a job in Puchong area, with RM 10,000/ monthly salary (tax included). Currently I am working on CTC of INR 10,00,000. Out of which I hardly save upto 300,000/ yearly.
Would you mind in suggesting if I should accept this offer or not. if accepted I will be moving along with my family hence will I be able to save good amount.

Thanks for your help and looking forward for your input.

Rgds,
Amit

Sure Amit. I can give you a lot of advise on this since its been few weeks for me and i am still in the transition.
To begin with the salary is good what you are getting and you can save quite a lot, but my friend the savings will only start after few months of settling.
Since its closeness to KL, it will be expensive like KL. So renting cost shud be a major one.
apart from that, other costs are similar to india or lesser than that.
Car is important here if the transport of the area is not so good. I am not sure of your place but in Penang public Transport is pathetic.
Btw, are you into IT part of SCM or managemnt side of it.. you can send me mail for further details

Best of luck,
Ags

There are lots of postings on this forum about cost of living so consult these for some ideas. Don't forget to allow for a tax slab of 26% if you don't arrive before June 30. This is non-refundable. The normal tax rate after 182 days is about 20%.

The salary is at a good level and Puchong is averagely expensive. So unless you spend too much on accommodation you should be able to save. Getting a car will be the next highest expense after accommodation. Prices are on the rise these days so expect it to be abut 60% more expensive than India for everything and sometimes even greater.

You can therefore work out a rough local budget based on accommodation (x3) i.e.current -v- Malaysia + private transport (x2) + purchases (x3).

Puchong is a distant suburb of KL - about 30 minutes away in a private car.

Thanks Ags.

I am into management side of SCM.
I plan to move from India along with my mother and my wife.
Will I be able to survive along with my family.
In d offer they mentioned RM 600 pm as transportation allowance, should I ask them to provide car?

As I will b moving all the way from India to Malaysia, is my employer supposed to provide relocation allowance?

Rgds,
Amit

I guess you can comfortably survive with your family with this package. Any thing above this like car or etc will ofcourse add to your comfort and is always welcome.. try talking to the company.
Actualy your company should provide a relocation allowance,  but it again depends on company policies.

Check property sites for the rental around your area. I think you shud be able to save quite a lot compared to your savings in India.
And my friend, there is a huge talent demand in ML for these roles.. so it will be just the beginning of your journey. I guess in INdia its quite saturated now.

Personally, I would not suggest asking for a car. The RM600 allowance is quite generous and you would be able to use it to hire a car for greater mobility. If you shop around, it will almost cover the cost. Relocation allowances are nice to have, as there are a number of upfront costs when arriving in a new country - e.g. electrical items. This is usually a lump sum that is related to the value of one months salary. You may not want to live in Puchong itself, so search the property market on the internet to find the best locations. For you family's sake, try and live within easy walking or bus distance to a Mall. Unfortunately there is little public transport in that area.