Enquiry on my visa

hi,

Iam in India now and my husband works in dubai.I got a job in dubai and my new company got me an employmentvisa.But, i couldnt travle as my passport had an ECR.so, i have cancelled my old passport and got a new one without ECR.kindly suggest if i can travel on the same visa as it has got my old passport number.

You will have a problem if the passport number on the visa is not the same as the passport you hold.  It would have been easier to remove the ECR rather than cancelling the old passport.  Now your husband has to approach DNRD with copies of your new and old passports, and request them to reissue the visa for you.

Thanks for the reply.I tried get the ECNR only.But, the authorities in PP seva said that process is changed and they can only issue a new PP without ECR.

Hi Nithya,

I too have got myself a new passport from Passport Seva Kendra in India. As per the new rules and regulations in case of ECNR there is no stamp or seal on the passport. I know in the old passport they had a stamp/ seal on one of the pages saying 'Emmigration Check Not Required'. I do not think this seal/ stamp is applicable on new passport these days. I had also called the passport office to confirm on this.

But yes, your employment visa should have the new passport number.

Please confirm if you get any further news as this will be an eye opener for me as I too am expected to travel soon.

Cheers,
Ganesh

Hi,

I just got to know from POE in chennai and the Airport authority in Dubai both of them have confirmed that i can travel in the same visa with old PP number by carrying both the PP.

That is good to hear.  The Protector of Emigrants in Chennai is not relevant as far as UAE visa is concerned.  What matters is the Immigration at Dubai, and so long as you have their approval to travel in the old visa with the new passport, you will be fine.  Make doubly sure of it; as well as with the airline concerned in Chennai.  They need to let you travel in the first place.

probably you can staple together and come on the same visa.cancelling the visa and taking a new one will be a longer procedure.

Hi nithyavikrama
Currently i'm facing the same problem as yours.
I've a PP which has ECR stamped on it , due to which I couldn't fly to Dubai yesterday :(, I had to return from the airport 'coz of this, now i've applied for new PP as you know there is a change in procedure to get PP with ECNR.
Now, the problem is my visa (Employment visa) has my old PP no. , and in couple of days ill get my new PP, so can I travel with the same visa having my old PP no.? or ill need new one?
Plz let me know me what should I do? can I travel with the same visa by carrying both the PPs along with me?

Will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks.
S. A.

Check with the airlines, they may be able to advise if you could travel with the visa showing an old PP #

Yes, you can travel with the same visa.Make sure to carry both the PP with you.I did the same.Have a safe Journey.

I am in dubai on visit visa n hve found a job here. But my passport has ecr n my company is providing me wd employment visa..now hw can i cum back frm india to dubai wd d ecr...shld i make a new passport ..if yes will my visa b valid wd d old no n new passport..pls help

@ mlavita > In order to make your post more clear, i would advise you not to write in sms language on the forum please.  :unsure

Thank you,

Priscilla

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hello buddy

Same condition is with me...i got the employment visa from the company but now i have to remove ecr stamp in my passport before going to uae...now wcr stamp is mt removed i have to make new pp in tatkal...can u plz tell me my visa is valid in my new pp...agent told me tht in ur new pp ur old pp number is also mentioned....

Plz suggest me m waiting

you can rennew twice your passport