How work with divorce in Egypt

Hello to everibody,
I'M an Italian muslim leaving in Cairo from some weeks. I was married with an italian catholic lady but we are separated by low from almost 1 year. Can some body tell me if and how get divorce from her here in Egypt? A professional advisement is highly appreciated. Thanks to all!

who is supposed to get the divorce, you or her!
what is the difference between that both of you are separated by law and divorce, aren't they the same issue!

i guess if you are legally divorced in your country, then you should legalize it in your embassy here in order if you need to marry again, but as for men i know its not a big deal, as it is important for women,.

I have a situation where I need to serve divorce papers to my husband for a divorce.  He refuses to give his address and has married.  Currently he and new wife have a child.  I plan on coming back to Egypt but not within the next 6 months.  I know that he lives in Hurgada, but I do not know how to get him served the paperwork.  I need the divorce for financial reasons, and have no desire to share myself with a second wife. Can anyone advice me as to how I could get his address and whom to contact and give proof that he was served the paperwork from America?  I would sincerely appreciate your help.  Thank You for taking time to read this information.

hi Elena
if u sure he is in hurgada ,,situation is easy. u will go to police station there and claim he stole something expensive from u "jewelry or whatever" ,and get ur embassy involved ,,within few hours he will be arrested then u can negotiate with an upper hand and u wil get what u want.
this is the fastest way,sorry to say this but this is how things going in Egypt.
best of luck

nasri1981 wrote:

hi Elena
if u sure he is in hurgada ,,situation is easy. u will go to police station there and claim he stole something expensive from u

Before giving such advice u better read the question! Elena wants to get done things from America. And even if she was in Egypt I wouldnt advise her to do so...

Elena
Have you considered contacting the American Embassy there for information / advice.

Do not bother with the advice given to you by nasri1981.

Hello, i think u should go to the italian embassy  in cairo and ask them to get the correct information ,
Good luck.

Legalised separation and Divorce are different things in Europe.
I would suggest you contact (or get someone to do it for you in Italy.
and contact your embassy

the worst Answer i ever read. nassir1981.....lol