Buying Land in Portugal?

Hi all, im wondering how difficult it is to buy Land in Portugal?

What is the process of purchasing some land in Portugal?

Any tips for buying Land?

We are now looking for an independant lawyer and not one from an estate agent or builder as suggested by others

We need help with thelaws regarding the building regs also ( we are not after building a house from concrete and bricks )

I am so far led to believe that anything with a concrete base needs planing permission but a wooden structure / caravan, tippes, yurts etc wouldnt need planing?

Can anyone help to confirm the above?

Can
any forum members reccomend a lawyer that they have succesfully used before?

Thanks for all and any help given, its appreciated!

Pete

Dear Pete, Which region are you planning to buy some land?

We are open to Any where in Portugal that can offer flat land of approx 6 to 8 acres near a main motorway road ( toll or non toll ) with a close link to a main line train station or airport would be good as long as its under 15000 euros

Anywhere in portugal is open for review!

Tnx
Pete

With that reduced budget it's not easy to find a land with that size even in the interior I think

Thanks but there is land we have found so far between Castelo blanco and further up north towards spain

Tnx
Pete

Hi handpan,

Maybe you can have a look at a few discussions in Find an accommodation in Portugal forum. I am sure that you will get the information that you need. smile

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Are you guys planning to build a cob house with wood frame?

Planning to live in the property or us it for a business - wood, mud or straw still have to get involved with planning

Alpor wrote:

Dear Pete, Which region are you planning to buy some land?

setubal ou estoril

Hello streuve thierry,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Do you also want to buy land in Portugal? What information are you looking for?

More details about your posting can bring you more answers.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Hello.

Check it Out.
http://kasas-portugal.com/imovel/286503 … res-loures

IŽve been there. ItŽs amazing!

Peace..
CR

Hellô Mr Pete,
I  can give you some information , about  buying land in Portugal,
and build a Wooden House.
Please call me , I have  one  professional , that is a owner of one company that  can explain all the details to you, toghether with is  lawyer , how  it is possible to buil a house in security by the law.
For any further information, plese contact me.

regards
Marília Inácio

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security