Working in USA

Hello all you helpfull people. Would any off you be able to help me, I have been offered a job in the USA. What are the next steps I take to getting there? With regards to work permits, visa etc...? Thank you

Matt Chaplin wrote:

Hello all you helpfull people. Would any off you be able to help me, I have been offered a job in the USA. What are the next steps I take to getting there? With regards to work permits, visa etc...? Thank you

Visa may be difficult unless you have a skill that is in short supply in the USA, so it could be costly with no results.  Construction business is coming back slowly in the USA, you may have to rely on your potential employer to do the visa work.  Good Luck!!

Thanks for your help!!

mugtech wrote:
Matt Chaplin wrote:

Visa may be difficult unless you have a skill that is in short supply in the USA, so it could be costly with no results.  Construction business is coming back slowly in the USA, you may have to rely on your potential employer to do the visa work.  Good Luck!!

This is correct. If you intend to work in the United States you will need work sponsorship via. an H1B visa. This is obtained through your employers sponsorship.

Matt Chaplin wrote:

If you have been offered a job in the US and the employer knows you're not currently living there, he should also know and have told you that you need to get a visa, hence offered to sponsor you for your visa.

Didn't he mention that at all?