Package expectation

I have been offered a position in Dubai as the Country Manager for the company I work. The company hasnt as yet made an official offer but when they do I at least want to be in the postion to know as to whether it is a good offer or not. Myself and my wife plus our daughter of 6 will be moving to Dubai.

I know having read numerous threads that it depands on where you stay but at this point we are open to any suggestions/ comments regarding;

1. Package
2. Where is the best place to be situated i.e near to schools etc.
3. The cost of schooling
4. What is better - leasing/renting or buying a car. We need two.
5. Would my wife be able to work? Not that she has too..
6. Traffic in Dubai.

Hi Gavin,
First of all Best of luck with your offer and If successful and accepting the offer welcome to Dubai. I'm working for a recruitment and HR Consulting company based in Dubai and I understand for position like country manager you will be offered with Descent accommodation, transportation, Family Visa, Children education allowances, health and family Ticket to home country.
Al barsha, Greens, Jumeira, Dubai Marina will be descent places which have access to schools and other activities.
Cost of schooling depends on which school you prefer, there are various nationality schools in Dubai and fees ranges from 1000 to 6000 plus per month.
If you have looking for a long term option i suggest to buy a car rather going for leasing or renting option
Your wife can work in dubai either on your visa or she has option to get from company which she choose to work for.
Traffic in dubai ................Just too much in some places especially during busy working hours.

Hope the above information is useful for you in deciding.

Cheers.
Maqs