Documents needed to be submitted to the Bank in Accra

Hi,

We are planning to visit ACCRA on tourist visa in this month of January 2014.  Are we allowed to open a bank account in the Standard Chartered Bank in ACCRA ? I shall have my two companions who are the businessman and want also to open Bank account there in ACCRA. What are the documents needed to be shown or submitted to the Bank ?

Regards.

Saeedmdali
[email protected]

Hi Saeedmdali,

In order to give more light to your subject, i created a new thread with your post on the Accra forum. It will encourage more interaction with the other members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I am not sure if this is possible on a tourists visa. You need your resident's visa in your passport and someone to introduce you. You might also be asked for your ID card as this is needed for anyone who stays more than 90 days in a year.

hkann wrote:

I am not sure if this is possible on a tourists visa. You need your resident's visa in your passport and someone to introduce you. You might also be asked for your ID card as this is needed for anyone who stays more than 90 days in a year.

so they don't let non resident foreigners to invest...  no wonder their currency goes down the sewer in spite of the sky high rates they are paying  :whistle:

Hi,
Some one told me that on the tourist visa I can open a non resident DOLLAR account in any Bank in Ghana. Deposit amount needed is high amount. Can any one guide me how much minimum Dollar amount need to be deposited to open the NON RESIDENT DOLLAR ACCOUNT please.  With thanks and regards.

Saeedmdali
Dhaka
16 Jan 2014

Perhaps if you contact the bank involved they will give youmthe information you require