Iqama for General Manager

Hi everyone, I am a newcomer. Could anybody do me a favor by answering the following question? I have asked many local people but no definite answer was obtained.

My name is Liu Chao and I am from Beijing, China. My company is an engineering company specializing in the design and construction of nonferrous metal industry, it has set up a branch company based in Riyadh, KSA not long ago, and I was pointed the GM of this branch company. Having got my working visa, I arrived in KSA ten days ago, and I understand I must apply for Iqama as soon as possible. I find a local Arabian as my agent, with his assistance I have prepared necessary documents (photos, medical report, Gosi certificate, medical insurance, etc), he told me because I am GM of the branch company, my Iqama should be issued by SAGIA rather than Passport Department. However, in order to make an appointment with officials of SAGIA, I have to wait at least one month. Is what he said correct? I asked many other friends, most of them said once you prepare you documents, you could just go to Passport Department to get your Iqama, there is no business with SAGIA.

Can anybody help me to clarify the matter? You kind assistance would be greatly appreciated.

WELCOME IN KSA
I KNOWN THAT 2YEARS AGO... IT S VERY SLOW. YOU CAN T CHANGED IT.
THERE ARE SOME OFFICE IN CHARGE ABOUT IT. THEY CAN HELP YOU.
ASK TO YOUR SERVICES OFFICE COMPANY. THEY KNOW WHAT AND WHERE YOU CAN DO.
GOOD LUCK.
YOU WILL SEE IT S LITTLE HARD LIFE BUT VERY BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. THERE ARE PARTY IN DESERT AND BEAUTIFUL PLACE WHERE YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK SOMETHING.
BYE
NADIA

I think you can and should just go to the passport office.  SAGIA would only be involved in this if you were an investor and actually owned the company here.  This is as far as I know.

Anyway, your company should be doing all the work and running around for getting you the iqama.  This is very weird that you are doing it yourself.

liuchao13993133866 wrote:

Hi everyone, I am a newcomer. Could anybody do me a favor by answering the following question? I have asked many local people but no definite answer was obtained.

My name is Liu Chao and I am from Beijing, China. My company is an engineering company specializing in the design and construction of nonferrous metal industry, it has set up a branch company based in Riyadh, KSA not long ago, and I was pointed the GM of this branch company. Having got my working visa, I arrived in KSA ten days ago, and I understand I must apply for Iqama as soon as possible. I find a local Arabian as my agent, with his assistance I have prepared necessary documents (photos, medical report, Gosi certificate, medical insurance, etc), he told me because I am GM of the branch company, my Iqama should be issued by SAGIA rather than Passport Department. However, in order to make an appointment with officials of SAGIA, I have to wait at least one month. Is what he said correct? I asked many other friends, most of them said once you prepare you documents, you could just go to Passport Department to get your Iqama, there is no business with SAGIA.

Can anybody help me to clarify the matter? You kind assistance would be greatly appreciated.

There are some points that need to be clarified in your case here:

- Is your company registered as a Foreign Investment Company or Opened with a partnership with another company here in KSA or under a Saudi National's partnership.

Based on the CR you have, this will determine your case. If your company is Foreign Investment Company then you need to go through SAGIA and if not undergo the normal process with Jawazat and labor office.

Thank you, HGGuru, I think you have answered my question very clearly. My compay is a independent foreign investment company, not opened in partnership with local compay. So, what you said is correct and I have to go through SAGIA.

Thank you to answer my question. This company is very small, have little employees, so, I have to take care of everying myself, despited I am General Manager.

Trapezius wrote:

I think you can and should just go to the passport office.  SAGIA would only be involved in this if you were an investor and actually owned the company here.  This is as far as I know.

Anyway, your company should be doing all the work and running around for getting you the iqama.  This is very weird that you are doing it yourself.

Thank you, HGGuru, I think you have answered my question very clearly. My compay is a independent foreign investment company, not opened in partnership with local compay. So, what you said is correct and I have to go through SAGIA.

In this case what you need to do is the following:

My suggestion is not to do this by yourself since I dont know if you speak the language and know the places well since these people are sure to give you a run around.

You need to find a general service office and authorize this general service firm to process the papers for your company. This way they can process for you as well as future employees coming under your CR, until you have dedicated HR personnel. Most general service companies will give you the template to authorize them, you type this in your company letter head , sign , stamp and attest from CoC (signature should be already valid in COC, if not give the CR copy to the general service firm and ask them to arrange for CR signature)

Once you have this part done, do a medical test, prepare all your documents like original passport, medical certificate, CR copy, SAGIA registration papers, zakat certificate etc etc  and give all details to them and they will do the process.

Hope this is clear and good luck.

HRGuru wrote:

In this case what you need to do is the following:

My suggestion is not to do this by yourself since I dont know if you speak the language and know the places well since these people are sure to give you a run around.

You need to find a general service office and authorize this general service firm to process the papers for your company. This way they can process for you as well as future employees coming under your CR, until you have dedicated HR personnel. Most general service companies will give you the template to authorize them, you type this in your company letter head , sign , stamp and attest from CoC (signature should be already valid in COC, if not give the CR copy to the general service firm and ask them to arrange for CR signature)

Once you have this part done, do a medical test, prepare all your documents like original passport, medical certificate, CR copy, SAGIA registration papers, zakat certificate etc etc  and give all details to them and they will do the process.

Hope this is clear and good luck.

Very clear clarification, I will do it according to your suggestion, heartfelt thanks to you again, my dear friend.

You are welcome, any time.