Looking for restaurant and shop to rent

Looking for restaurant and shop with all permits and licenses to rent.

Hello Q-warner.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Professional spaces in Budapest section. It might help.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know you usually rent real estate, possibly set up to meet the requirements. The operator must acquire the licenses and permits as it is his/her responsibility to adhere to them.
The only thing I can think of is a "franchise", like a fast food chain restaurant, where they do all the "blanket" paperwork, and you just have to run the place.

I hope that isn't right otherwise will rethink my business plans in BP. Can anyone confirm this facts and give a piece of advice ?

Thanks !

Szocske is correct.

While there are certain permits and licenses the building owner has to have (that is, if it is in a business zone or not, has the correct number and type of toilets, has enough parking, etc.) and the building owner should be responsible for if they advertise their building for doing business, the business owner must have most of the business licenses to do business. For example: if you want to run a Restaurant, and you want to offer spirits for sale, the business owner has to get the liquor license, you can not rent that from someone else (but you can take on a business partner with the license). Note, however, that the "business owner" can be a company, and you could either buy the company or invest in it, which then comes with all the licenses (until they expire of course).

Also, for many service businesses in Hungary, you, or someone you hire, often has to take a Hungarian business course and received a certificate for that business type to even run the business.

Q-warner wrote:

I hope that isn't right otherwise will rethink my business plans in BP. Can anyone confirm this facts and give a piece of advice ?

Thanks !

Hey,

I am managing busineeses for a while in Bp, tell to me about your plans in PM and will give u feedback soon about the circumstances.

Wishes,

Ado

Hello there, I just followed the conversation thread here and I decided to PM you. As I am on the same page.

I am actually trying to open a restaurant here in Budapest, however I do not have much information in the kind of licenses I may require as well as how to get a good manager and other stuff.

I will appreciate if you could furnish me with any information. And if possible, I'd like to schedule and appointment to meet you.

Reach me at ***

Warm regards
Ellis

Ellis, this thread is dated from 2013, it's outdated and I close it

Closed