Where to start researching for moving to columbia?

Hello,

I am a 56 year old male and visited bucaramango several months ago and now am obsessed with moving to that country. I do not know which part of the country is best to live. I don't have the resources to make visits to different destinations. Basically this is the scenario. I can liquidate most of my assets and move there ( don't know where yet )with approx. 100,000 usd. I will get some retirement later and I wish to work some. Do I buy a small apt. or rent? How long will that money last me on a modest budget. So many questions and I'm trying to save many, many hours of trying to find answers by asking for direction from you good people. I know everything "depends" on location, job market, lifesyle, etc... but just an idea would help.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Dan!

I hope the forum will provide you with good advices soon.

Regards
Armand

I am looking to find the same information about Bogota

(It's Colombia with an 'o' not a 'u') < might help if you want to move there.

Dan,
Have you moved to Colombia yet?  I have lived here for 5 years, in various cities  (came from Chicago).  I suggest that you try Medellin first.  It is called the city of eternal spring (primavera eterna).  I lived there for a while, but now in Bogota .... thinking about moving back.
The beaches are better and cheeper in Ecuador and Peru.
Robert Duke