Lunchtime Picnic Sat. 20th April Jardin des Plantes

Hello Everyone,

I'm organising a lunchtime picnic on Saturday for anybody who would like to join us and meet some new people in Toulouse.
We are a group of expats and French people, with kids ranging from 10 months to 7 years old. If you would like to join us for a sunny picnic here are the details:

Date: Wednesday 24th April
Time: 11:00
Place: Jardin des Plantes (patch of grass by the Grand Rond entrance under the cherry blossom tree)

Bring your own picnic with you and a rug to sit on.

Write back to this thread if you'd like to come or send me a PM.

Karen :)

Here is a picture of the meeting point. Behind the statue is the cherry blossom tree http://a134.idata.over-blog.com/1/37/44/14/photo/statues-jardin-des-plantes/2011-05-25-19.40.17.jpg

Hi Karen !

That's a nice idea.
We stick the post ;)

Have a good time.
Armand

Thanks Armand :)

Hi everyone,

Please note the picnic has been postponed to Wednesday 24th April, due to the not-so-sunny forecast for tomorrow :(

Same time and place, hope to see some of you there :cool:

hi karen.
i would like to join you but im look here too late:).
have a good day.

Malin.

hi Karen,

My wife and I (plus our 2-year and 6-year old kids) just arrived today so we missed the event but we would be very keen to meet some others in the area.

Cheers,

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Welcome to Toulouse!
I'm going to arrange another picnic soon, so I will keep you in the loop. Where are you based in Toulouse?
I'm near the Jardin des Plantes and meet up a lot with other parents with kids, so if you're ever in the area let me know.

Karen

Thanks Karen.

We are currently living by St. Georges, not far from Jardin des Plantes.  Hope to see you sometime soon.

Cheers,

Jacob

sounds great would love to hear if you do another one :)

I will let you know, just waiting for the sun to come back!:cool:

Hi Karen and Jacob!

My husband and I are moving to Toulouse at the end of July with our 15 month old girl, we'd love to meet some new people so please let us know when you next organise a get together :) Also, i would really appreciate any advice you could give me on nice areas for my family to live in..

Sarah, currently in Normandie

Hello Sarah -> Maybe you could start a new thread with your questions on areas to live in on the Toulouse forum for more interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Everybody,

Now that the weather is looking pretty good for this week, I've organised a goûter & French/English language exchange in the Jardin des Plantes on Sunday. The details are below:

Date: Sunday 7th July

Time: 16:00

Place: Jardin des Plantes (patch of grass closest to the Grand Rond end of the park, look out for balloons)

Please bring one item to eat and drink to share with the group. It can be something savoury or sweet. All family members are welcome.

If you would like any more information please send me a PM.

Hope to meet some you then!
Karen

Nice picnic, I'll check regularly for the next one. Don't forget the children and the water pistols to cool us off, the weather should be very hot next time ;)

Guilhem

Hi Guilhem,

It was nice meeting you. Yes, the children had great fun with those water pistols. I'm sure next time they will also be a great hit! Enjoy your week! :)

Karen